Chapter 22: Long life and Short opportunities

One Month Later

As Sora began to pack her belonging in her travel pouch she thought back to the events that happened in the past month. Jade was slowly making her recovery and was going back to work next week. Kuzon started being a lot nicer to everyone- nicer than he's ever been in fact. Lin and Tenzin thought he was on something at first, but he explained that he was going through some complicated things and was finally ready to move on. Jinora and Kai broke off their engagement, leaving Kai to switch all his classes so that way Jinora is not the one teaching him. Sora was leaving in a week and a half and tonight is going to be the first time she introduced Lea to her family. After all the drama that occurred after the night of the attack at the arena Lea and Sora put off the Meet-the-parents night for a bit. Now here she is packing in advance to meet Lea's parents after the next week and a half.

"Sora, it's almost seven. She'll be here soon." Lin told her daughter from the doorway in her room,

"Thanks mom," Sora said before putting in her last shirt and walking off with her mother to the kitchen to make sure everything was perfect for tonight.

"I'm still don't understand why it took you THREE YEARS to formerly introduce me to your girlfriend." Lin ranted on their way to the kitchen.

"I don't know, there was always so much going on and it never seemed like the right time." Sora said as an excuse.

"Please," Lin dragged out. "You were just being a scared little girl. When did I raise a scared little girl? I taught you to face things head on. I blame your father."

"Thank you dear. How nice of you," Tenzin intervened when he overheard Lin coming into the kitchen.

"I am so excited to meet your girlfriend, Sora!" Kya exclaimed. "I remember when I introduced my first girlfriend to the family. Remember Tenzin? Bumi?"

"How can we forget?" Tenzin replied.

"She stole one of my swords and tried to set fire to Tenzin when he airbent." Bumi recalled.

"She didn't try to set Tenzin on fire, she tried to set fire to the air he was bending. It would have looked amazing if it didn't explode. And even then it was kind of beautiful." Kya said defending her ex.

"Well, hopefully there will be no fires tonight. Lea is so amazing and kind. She has exciting travel stories for you Aunt Kya, she took a class in school of old airbending monks, and she is so smart. I know you are going to like her." Sora insisted.

At the front of the island there was a knock on the front door. Lea smoothed out her hair and prepared herself to meet her girlfriend's family. The door opened to reveal Ikki and Meelo with their huge grins and mischievous squinted eyes.

"Hi! You must be Lea. I'm Ikki and this is my brother Meelo. Did Sora tell you about us. You're really pretty. Did I see you in a magazine somewhere?" Ikki asked her without having time to answer.

"Yeah, probably. I'm a model. And Sora told me so much about the two of you. May I come in?" She asked hesitantly. Ikki held the door open and Meelo shouted at the top of his lungs,

"SORA! YOUR MODEL GIRLFRIEND IS HERE!" Sora raced to the front door to meet her girlfriend.

"Hi beautiful," Sora greeted Lea, making her blush.

"Hi," Lea exhaled.

"Ready to do this?" Sora asked.

"I don't know. Let's see and find out," Lea replied. Sora smiled and held her hand as she led them to the private dining room to where Tenzin, Lin, and all of her aunts, uncles, cousins, and siblings were sitting. Everyone was sitting around the table and chatting until the two women walked into the room hand in hand.