5 - Undeniable and Strange

"

"...true love won't lie 
but we won't know unless we give it a try"

*****

At exactly seven in the evening, Michael knocked on Simone's door. Wearing blue long sleeves with a red blazer on, he really looked like a very nice and handsome guy. He kept it simple but he hoped that it would impress her.

Simone opened the door and greeted him with a smile.

"Hi."

"H—Hi." He stuttered.

Michael can't help himself but to stare at her as her sweet scent danced through his nostrils. She looked so beautiful in her army green shorts to which, she paired with white top and denim jacket. Her hair is swaying freely and Michael loves it everytime Simone is brushing her hair with her fingers.

Simone's breathings hitched at the sight of Michael. It seemed that the heaven sent an angel in disguise to her. She stared at his expressive eyes that it almost penetrated through his soul.

They are both thinking that the dinner is just a casual invitation and a friendly date but the whole universe knew that the attraction is so wild and it will only take a few more moments before they will give in to the earth-shattering feeling and nerve-cracking connection called love.

Stark's is one of the most famous restaurants in their area. It is just a few blocks away from their apartment building. The restaurant is a great choice to engage in a get-to-know-you dinner or whatever the dinner is all about. It is not that expensive too and the food is really great. The ambiance is perfect for a casual conversation.

The restaurant is a top choice. It's on the top of the list.

Michael and Simone were greeted by 112's Cupid when they entered the restaurant. The song is playing softly in the whole place that added to the peaceful and calming ambiance of the restaurant. A staff in black and red uniform approached and showed them a table for two at the far corner of the restaurant near the window.

An awkward but comforting silence enveloped them while they are scanning the menu. And the weird thing is, they are just staring on the list because their distracted minds couldn't comprehend any single word from the paper.

If Simone even noticed his nervousness because of his continuous foot stomping or finger tapping, he is thankful that she is not saying anything about it. Michael is not pointing out her flushed cheeks either.
"So..." Michael started but his eyes can't stare at hers for long seconds. She doesn't mind though. "I'm not good at this. I'm sorry." He chuckled shyly, his fingers even played with his jawline.

"I'm not good at this either." Simone smiled nervously.

They were covered with a deafening silence again but they were throwing glances and shy smiles to one another. Their little bubble bursted when another staff in uniform approached their table and served their dinner.