6 - Keys and Kiss

"There's nothing wrong with me
Loving you
And giving yourself to me can never be wrong
If the love is true"

*****

It is Saturday night and the Tavern, one of the famous clubs in town, is full of people who wanted to drown themselves with alcohol, shake their bodies on the dance floor, or just have some fun. Or maybe, all of the above.

The place is filled with darkness and the flashing lights are blinding everyone's eyes. The loud music is banging their ears that they need to practically shout at each other just to understand one another.

Simone is on the dance floor with her best friend, Clem, and other members of their friends circle. She is partying like crazy and dancing her body to the DJ's remix of Usher's Yeah!, Scream, and DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love.

She is a little tipsy since a generous amount of alcohol is already running through her veins. She is not yet wasted but her mind is now cloudy and spinny. Her judgment is slightly messy too but overall, she is still okay. She can still hold herself together.

When their group chat exploded with random conversations about going to the club, Simone agreed to the idea immediately. Her quick response alarmed the whole circle because Simone is not the type of woman who goes to the club often. Most of the time, Clem is just dragging Simone so she can participate to their so-called grown-up bonding.

Tonight, Simone just wanted to clear her head. She doesn't care about the smell of alcohol and cigarettes. She just wanted to have some fun without thinking of anything. She wanted to drown herself with non-stop music and blinding lights. A little alcohol might help too. 

Her mind is very confused right now. It's not just her mind. Her heart too.

She wanted to dance the frustrations and confusions away. The last time she danced, her system was invaded by foreign feelings that she doesn't want to feel. However, that alien feeling is making her extremely happy and at the same time, it is making her think about random things.

Random things.

Like romantic attraction and sexual tension.

Dumb things like love. 

A helpless case of falling in love.

Simone is always a fan of romantic love. That explained her random cryings and fascination to romantic dramas, romantic comedies, or even chick flicks. Despite of that, she remained wise and mature when it comes to relationships.

And she badly wants to be mature and wise right now.

Simone never heard anything from Michael since Wednesday night.