Hard to Love

Equius pov.

Nepeta did in fact have the shrillest voice as she yelled at me. Telling me to stand up for myself. We both knew it would never happen. It was just empty hope and we both knew it. She chose to hope beyond hope.

"Equius listen to me! You can't keep doing this! Look at yourself! You'll have these scars forever!"

"I apologize," I responded after a heavy sigh, "I just don't want to hurt him..."

"Look at me," she said, cupping my face and pulling me down so we were locking eyes. She normally did this when she was serious about something. "If you keep this up, it will be a lot harder for people to get close to you. Not everyone thinks like me.."

At those words, for some unknown reason my mind fluttered back to the new boy. I wondered if he had to deal with the world's prejudices. Perhaps he did, who knows.

Nepeta pov.

I saw a look I knew all too well hidden in his eyes. Oh my god I thought He's in love. I doubt he knew it yet but that look in his eyes. He was lost in thought and there was longing in them. It was either he was in love or he was thinking about a horse.

I'm just going to assume it's the first one.

Don't get me wrong I love him to bits but he's rather stubborn. I wouldn't have been surprised if he hadn't fallen in love until high school.

I wished him the best because even for me. He was hard to love.