Chapter Thirty

Alaric stumbles slightly as he leaves the Salvatore Boarding House, his heart still hammering in his chest, he is still processing everything that happened to him. But he still only has one thing on his mind right now. He pulls out his cell phone and scrolls through his contacts. Finds what he is looking for and dials.

"I need to see you" Alaric breaths into the phone as he walks towards his car.

..............

Diana opens the backdoor of the Gilbert House and glances behind her listening for noise from within the house. But nothing. She motions with her hand and Alaric appears at the door.

"Hey" She whispers, Alaric steps closer to her, her eyes looking up at him, questioning him. His eyes search hers. "Is he dead?" she asks him, he shakes his head. Doesn't want to talk about it right now. He just wants to be with her. He clutches to her face as he kisses her. After his whole death thing, there was only one thing he wanted to do. To see her. He deepens the kiss when her fingers curl into his jacket, pulling him closer to her.

.............

Alaric lays next to Diana as she sleeps, he's smiling cause she's actually singing in her sleep. He chuckles and leans closer to her. Just being around her makes him feel better. Makes him happy. He wraps an arm around her waist and she hums a little as she begins to wake.

"Alaric?" she asks him, he nods.

"You're singing" he whispers in her ear.

"Sometimes, I don't notice I'm singing." She mumbles sleepily, Alaric smiles against her cheek as he brushes his lips over her skin. She hums happily. "What time is it?"

"Still dark" he answers as he shuffles closer to her, pulling her back against his chest.

"Then why are you awake?" she asks him, he nuzzles into her neck.

"Thinking" he answers, she turns her head slightly.

"About what?"

"About how beautiful you look when you're sleeping" he asks her, she hums a little and then opens her eyes, she sobers a little, needing to talk to him about Damon.

"What happened?" she counters, he looks away from her. "Alaric" she whispers. "What happened with Damon?" he pulls a face. "You can tell me...." he nods.

"I know I can" he agrees and looks at her. "He didn't kill Isobel" he admits. "He turned her" she sits up to stare at him.

"What?" she asks him.

"He turned her" he repeats as he plays with her necklace. "And then he staked me with my own stake...." she stares at him. "I died, Diana....But this ring" he looks at his hand. "It brought me back"

"Magical jewellery?" she asks, he nods. "Your ring brought you back from the dead?"

"Yeah" he whispers. "Are you freaking out?" he asks her, his hand on her shoulder. "Do you need a paper bag?" she huffs a little and shakes her head.

"No" she answers. "No, I'm okay" he strokes her back as she takes his other hand and looks over the ring, she frowns a little. "Wait" she whispers staring at his ring. "I know this crest" she states, Alaric frowns at her. "Why do I know it?" she asks herself and then shakes her head. "It'll come to me" she shrugs it off and then takes a breath. "So now you know your wife is sort of alive...."

"I'm not going anywhere" he stops her, she looks at him. "My job is here"

"Right" she whispers. "Your job" she clutches the blanket to her chest.

"And you" he adds, she glances away from him. "Diana..." he brushes her hair over her shoulder. "Do you know what I would tell her? Isobel, if I saw her again?"