Chapter 4

Weekend. Finally.

I worked part-time as a cashier at a convenience store just down the road. And the best part is, I get to eat free ice-cream during my breaks(teehee). I worked with another part-timer, Sumin. She's two years older than me and the typical emo chick, she can be cold at times, but she's a good person to talk to.

"That would be $5.90." I opened up a small paper bag to fit the small bottle of banana milk inside. I collected the money and gave her the change.

~

"Sumin-ah! I'm gonna take my break now."

I took my filled-with-boiling-hot-water cup of instant noodles and went outside to enjoy. I ate the noodles as I watched the people pass by, occasionally one or two would stop by the store.

Wait a minute. Bruised cheek, scar on his lip, a little scar on his temple.

"Onew?" He turned to face me.

"Oh...Joonhee-ah, long time no see." He ruffled his brownish hair. I smiled sadly. I realised the gang had done much worst than I expected.

"Ah..Onew, I'm so sorry, I didn't know my brother woul.." I placed a finger over the scar.

"Hold on." I went inside and quickly bought a band aid for him.

"Here." I helped him put on the band aid. "I'm really really sorry."

"It's okay." I couldn't meet his gaze. Why did he have to beat him up? From the glass door, I could see Sumin signaling to me that my break time was up.

"Urm...I gotta go, I'll make it up to you." I walked back inside the store.

"Monday after school?" He suggested.

"It's set." I replied as the doors closed shut.

*

Monday

Ringg...

I rushed up to the third level where second year students took their classes. I met up with Minwoo shortly after.

"So..what do you want? Do you want a present? I could get you shoes or something. Erm...what about a meal?"

"Okay."

*

"So, what exactly happened between you and my brother?" I took another bite out of waffle.

"Erm...it's complicated."

"Oh.." At the corner of my eye, I spotted Jimin and Jungkook seated at a far corner. Coincidence? Let's find out. I waved at them. "Hey! Wanna join us?"

They hesitated before walking towards our table. Jimin shot a dirty glance at Onew, while Jungkook gave an apologetic smile. After a few minutes of awkward silence...

(I swore I heard cricket chirps in the distance)

I cleared my throat, "I think we should get going, see y'all tomorrow". I grabbed Onew's hand and got out of the store before I couldn't take anymore of the creepy-eye-talk.

"Should I walk you home?"

"I thought guys were supposed to ask that." I let out a laugh.

"Okay, I guess that's a no?"

"Why don't I walk you back?" He suggested.

"Sure."

*

I could hear his footsteps falling behind. Phew. He hasn't caught me yet. Since we were bored, and we were still kids, we decided to play catch on the way back. 'Almost there..' as I saw the navy blue front door.

Out of the blue, a pair of arms wrapped around me. "Ahhhhhh! Help!" I squirmed. I tried to wriggle out of his grasp but to no avail.

"Okay, okay, you win. But, I'm gonna beat you next time." We walked up to the front door.

"You wish." I threw him a light punch.

"Oww." He clutched his shoulder, faking pain. What a wimp.

"I'll see you tomorrow" I waved goodbye.

*

Tuesday

"10 laps around the field, get to it." That proceeded by the screeching sound of the whistle. How can physical education teachers handle such damage to their ears?

The ten laps passed very slowly. After that, I was already as sweaty as I was exhausted. Running wasn't my thing. Just this period, after PE I can go home.

"Now, I need you all to split up into groups of six, we will have a mini basketball tournament." Great. Another thing that wasn't my thing.

Me and Eunji joined a group with the leftovers from the other groups. As always, we lose. Pathetic right?

"Last round!" Jeez, he always had to yell, doesn't he? The last team we "fought" against were pretty much as good as we were. I just stood there, I mean, what good can I do, unless you want to lose.

"Joonhee!"

"Joonhee-ah!"

"Joonhee!"

Huh? It happened so fast I didn't even know it happened. The rubber surface hit my head. Aigoo.. why me?

"Do you need to go to the nurse?"

"Yeah, I'll go." I walked out of the gym.

*

"Any migraines? Any memory lost?"

"No." Surprisingly no.

"Alright," She opened the mini refrigerator and brought out a palm-sized ice pack. "Ice it, it should feel better afterwards, if you do get a bruise, make sure to rub it." I nodded as I placed the ice-pack on my forehead. I got out of the nurse's office..

"Yah! You careless skunk! My best friend could have died in there!" That's why Eunji is my best friend.

~

Just as I was about to exit school, I realized that I was not dragging my hundred-tonne bag...my stuff! I completely forgot! I ran back to the locker room and collected my bag.

"Joonhee?" What now? I'm about to go home and then what? I turned around.

"Jimin?" He looked as if he had bathed in sweat.

"Aish! What happened to your head?" Does everyone have to remind me that I have a bruise the size of a apple and the color of a pomegranate?

"It's nothing, I just-"

He placed his finger over the bruise. "Yah! It hurts you jerk!" I winced.

"Sit down, I'll help you rub it off." He ordered. It's not like I have much of a choice right. Lightly he placed his palm over the bruise and rubbed it lightly in circular motions. This guy, the guy that helped my brother beat up Onew, was here, his face centimeters from mine, and he was helping me rub my bruise, he could freaking kill me if he wanted to.

"Better? " he said as he helped me stand up. "Yeah, thanks." He patted my forehead. He picked up and slung his bag over his shoulder, "See ya."

______________________

Hope y'all enjoy the chapter :3
Remember to vote, comment and follow :D
+ Suga's rapping or J-Hope's rapping? +