Chapter 6

I walked into the school gates unnoticed. Great, all I have to do now is avoid..

"Joonhee-ah!" Uh oh. I rushed into the female toilet, I really did not want to face

1) My brother

2) His friends

3) Onew

And Onew was definitely on my list of not-to-see people. While I was locked up in one of the toilet cubicles, I brushed on countless layers of makeup to make it completely fool-proof for PE next period.

Ring...

That's my cue. I got out of the toilet and hurried to the field.

"20 laps around the field, now!" And a blow of his whistle, our whole class began our tiring journey.

~

After the run, I'm pretty sure my legs won't be able to sustain the myself any longer, and I immediately collapsed on the grassy floor. "Aish!"

"Need water?" Eunji walked towards me with two water bottles in her hands, my saviour. I unscrewed the cap and gulped down the water within seconds. "Thanks." I said, still breathless from the running. I wiped off the sweat from my forehead and continued sitting there and enjoying the occasional breeze passing by.

"Joonhee...What happened to your.. face?"

Oh my gosh. I touched my left cheek. The makeup must have faded. "Is it really visible?" Silenced elapsed between us..

"Urm.. A little?"

"I should reapply the makeup." I mumbled.

"Makeup? What makeup?"

"To cover the bruise."

"Don't. Makeup after a workout is bad for your skin, I suggest you keep your left side less visible."

"Oh. Okay.."

*

I touched the light purple patch on my skin. It still stung from yesterday. Chinja. I left the locker room to find Onew outside.

"Yah! You perv!"

"Kwenchanah?" He turned my head so that he could fully examine 'it'. "I'm so so sorry, I didn't even mean to, I should have pushed you out of the way, I should have done something..."

"I'm okay, seriously."

"But your face-"

"That was my fault, you didn't ask me to do it."

"I'm gonna make it up to you."

"You better, see you later oppa!"

Onew's P.O.V

I stood there, watching her skipping away to her next class. Namjoon's gonna seriously kill me now. How can someone who's been punched by her own brother, can still be as cheerful as a lark. The guilt overwhelmed me to the point I had to ask if she was okay a few times per day.

"It's not your fault man, her brother punched her." Jonghyun explained.

"Yeah, it wasn't your fault at all." Taemin added.

"Cheer up a little bro."

But still.. she didn't even despised me one bit after the incident. It felt wrong. I should be the one protecting her, not the other way around.

Joonhee's P.O.V

School past fairly quickly with all the staring and whatnot. It was time for me to have my 'lessons-with-Onew'.