CHAPTER 5

But what the hell had just happened? That girl, the same one I had seen at the top of the hill, the same one I had met at school, had followed me to my house. This was definitely harassment. Yes. She had only become obsessed with me and wanted to follow me there, but why? It made no sense. Furthermore, his appearance was terrible, not only because of the impressive amount of mud and filth on him, but because of the expression on his face; and it seems that she was traumatized by something she had seen or heard. Anyway, I decided to ignore the crazy scene that I had just observed, and I started to enter the house.

Once inside, I had time to reflect for a while on what had just happened; And what if that girl had needed help? Will you be all right? A lot of scenarios went through my head in which I could have helped her, but there was nothing to do. Besides, he wasn't going out in the middle of the night looking for her all over the forest like crazy.

After a good while killing my head with these ideas, I fell asleep. And, I dreamed. But it was not just any dream. I was in the woods, very hidden in its overwhelming depth. He could not see anything, apart from a series of lights that were coming closer from a certain part of that terrible lushness. After a while, I realized that they were people, yes, and I was looking for something. I tried to ask them for help, but any attempt was futile; everyone passed me, as if I wasn't there. I decided to follow them and see what happened, and what a surprise I found.

They say that it is good to accept death, since sooner or later it will come, but what they never tell you is how to accept this idea, even when you know exactly the exact date and time when your heart stopped beating slowly, while the last breath comes out slightly from your mouth, leaving you empty.

I followed those people, and as I went along, I found a series of posters attached to the trees, but I was rushing after those guys, and I couldn't stop to watch them. At the end, we came to a small clearing, and they found a body. I couldn't see it in detail, but I felt an intense stab in my heart when I turned towards one of the trees, and saw what it was saying.

                                                                                "Michael Foster          

                                                                  MISSING SINCE A FEW WEEKS                    

                 A reward is offered for information on his whereabouts "

Yes. It said that I, Michael, had disappeared, and apparently it was quite clear whose body they had just found. Immediately I woke up, bathed in sweat, and with my heart beating a thousand per second. It was not clear to me what had happened. Apparently something or someone was playing with my mind and I was going crazy in that instant. I was not thinking clearly.

But something if he had very present; This had happened because of that girl, and I had to find out why it had happened to me.