CHAPTER 11

Have you heard that blood is scandalous? Well, just then I realized that it was real. With Michael on the table, about to bleed to death, I realized that I was alone and that it was up to me, and no one else, to save her life, because there was not a person in at least about 10 km around . I drew courage from deep within my heart, and I set out to save the life of that young man, whom I had recently met, and yet felt a very deep connection to him.

Well. Let's do it. For starters, he had to take the knife out of her chest, which was much easier said than done, since he knew that as soon as he did, blood would come out in heaps, which would hasten the slow process of his death. But what other choice did he have? There was no time to lose, so without further thought, I decided to get it out; and just as he had imagined, an immense stream of blood shot out of him, rather like an erupting volcano. But, something strange happened, because immediately the wound was closed and it stopped bleeding. I couldn't believe what I was witnessing in that instant. It was complete madness. And it was even more so when Michael got up scared, and apparently without pain. At last I could ask him what had happened, and we could solve all this together.

But what a strange place. I knew I was hurt in the real world, but apparently I was in a kind of dream, from which I couldn't wake up. However, all the time there was a strong pain in my chest, like I had a knife stuck or something. I started walking around the place; I was definitely in the same forest that I had dreamed of a few days ago, and that worried me, because last time it had not gone very well; Of course, this time, everything seemed different, because, unlike my last dream, now everything was very clear. The sun was shining brightly, and the forest looked a little less sinister. Near where he was, you could hear children's voices; Yes, they were definitely children, and apparently a soft and delicate voice asked them not to hurt themselves. I wanted to go see them, and thus, to find out who was the owner of such a beautiful voice. Impossible. I could not believe what my eyes were seeing, and that is, the woman who was there was Jane, the same one who had been harassing me all these days.

But that was not the most terrifying thing, because, unintentionally, I broke a branch with my foot, and the children, scared, ran into a house, which rather resembled one that I had seen before in the depths of the forest, the which had been rented by some idiot who thought it was a good idea to live there. I wanted to see this version of Jane in the eyes, but it was impossible, because I felt a horrible pressure on my chest, and something brought me back to reality. I woke up, and I was in a cabin, next to Jane, who was holding a knife full of blood, on me. Blame me, but I got really scared, and I immediately got up from that table. All in all, she and I had a lot to talk about.