CHAPTER 15

Something was approaching from the Forest, I could feel it; But by the time I found out what it was about, it was too late, because that thing was already inside the house, next to us. I could see it; it was awful. It was a huge, terrifying shadow, with red eyes, and he didn't seem to want to talk. I tried to carry Jane, but fear would not let me do things well, so I chose to drag her, because somehow we had to get out of there. He really didn't want to turn his back on that thing, but he had to. I went out with Jane as best I could, and we started to move away from that cabin, perhaps never to return. That was definitely the scariest thing I'd ever experienced in my entire life.

- Come on Jane, get up, you have to help a little - I was trying to wake up a girl who might already be dead.

But what else could I do in those moments? With what just happened in the cabin, it was better to run away trying to drag Jane's body, than to stay in that place and wait for that thing to catch us. Now it was up to me to save our lives, and seriously, I couldn't bear that responsibility anymore. I dragged Jane's body a mile or maybe two, but I was already tired. Luckily, we got to the side of the road, and it was there that I managed to see a car that had crashed; I hid Jane behind some rocks, and went over to see who it was. Maybe it could help. But, it was too late. The subject who was in the car was dead, and had a very sad expression on his face, as if he had just lost something or someone; and I do not blame him, because in the last hours I had been so close to death, that it was already clear to me that I had many reasons to fight for, and seriously, what I least want at this time is to finish the same as that subject, or that other people, who leave this life without reaching their purpose.

I was in that trance, as if lost in the body of that subject, until I felt like someone was standing right behind me. I turned immediately, and saw that it was Jane; She was also observing the body of that subject, but she had a fatal expression on her face, and my surprise was greater when she threw herself on the ground crying, while screaming with all her might DAD. That's when I realized that this girl had lost in a few days more than anyone could bear. And apparently I was the only thing she had now. Jane was devastated, and I was not able to leave her like this, especially with everything that was happening.

I took her by one of her arms, helped her up, and together we headed for the road. It was dawn, and the road was long, but it was much better to get elsewhere right now. It was time to say goodbye. Mom, wherever you are, I want you to know that what I'm doing is for something much bigger than I can bear, but it is for something good. I hope you can forgive me for leaving like this, but it's the only thing I can do.

Is this how this should all end? Is this what that thing wanted? Get away from home? Nothing was clear at this point, but what I was clear about was that I had to protect that girl, with my life if necessary. It is true that I had had a dream in which she seemed to be the key to all this, and that it was because of her that all this was happening, but there was something that would not let me leave her. See her there, with her eyes full of tears, tired and without the strength to live; that was what motivated me to undertake a journey with her; a trip from which we would not return for a long time.

So is. It was time to get away from all this, at least while we found an explanation for everything. For now, this was the end of this cycle, but I was sure that something sinister would always be waiting for us there, Inside the Forest.