CHAPTER ELEVEN

His smile was one thing I could associate with him, the way he could change everything with just a curl of his lips and his honeyed voice. It was those little things that made it uneasy to identify his own intent, as his hand would rest on top of mine dawning warmth all over it.
"Could I have my hand back Mr. Fields?" I asked yanking it out of his grasp.

"Ezra, just Ezra is fine for you Lily." he coaxed as he rolled the end of his sleeves, draping an arm around my back.

"Come on Lily, lighten up." Finn said resting his head on my shoulder, as Ezra and the others aim to get a few drinks. The offer for dinner clearly pushed aside for some reason.

"Finn, don't drink too much," I snarled at him. "your having breakfast with your dad remember?" he scrunched his nose and shrugged his shoulder getting another glass of liquid headache.

"Aren't you supposed to be having fun like them?" Ezra's voice drawl as his breath would tickle the skin of my ear, taking a step away from him as I rub the sides of the glass in my hands.

"Unfortunately, I have to get that guy-" pointing at Finn who clearly had one too many drinks- "back to his loft to sleep." he let out a breathy laugh bringing a hand up to his face, his olive skin being illuminated by the soft lights making him look unreal for a moment.

"Why not have one swing Lily?" Ezra's handed over a glass as I pushed it farther away, he quirked up an eyebrow before holding out his hand.

"Would you wanna go out for a bit?" shaking my head and looking at Finn's current state, the thought of leaving him drunk and out of complete sober will is a bad idea.

"I'd rather stay here," tapping a finger on the tapping resting my chin on the palm of my hand. The feeling of his eyes boring into mine again were burning as I look up from my lashes, his gray orbs following my every move.

"What?" I ask him furrowing my eyebrows, as he just answered with a hum.

"Is there something wrong with my face?"

"No," he smirked taking a sip from his drink. "I was thinking of something." a questioning look crept onto my face as I raise an eyebrow at him, as he moved closer never breaking eye contact.

"And what is that?" I hoaxed taking a small sip of water before eyeing him again.
"Well, I was thinking about getting lunch sometime with you." his eyes drifted from mine to the glass her had on the table, brushing his hand through his hair slowly.

"I don't think I can accommodate something like that."

"We both know you're free on weekends." he snarled before standing up to walk to the rails of the balcony, the city lights dim and the sound of cars screeching to find parking as the wind would caress the people with a swift whirl. Ezra stood there basking in the scenery before him as he closed his eyes, my fingers making contact with the rail the cold metal shooting a shiver down my spine. The warm feeling of a coat over my shoulders, a sly smile curling his lips.

"Can't have you freezing here Lily." mouthing a small thank you to him watching as the clouds pass by the moonlit city, indigo skies drenching everything into a cool dark color.

"So?" he asked lighting a cigarette huffing out the smoke. "How does lunch sound Lily?" he hoaxed.

"I'd think about it." a satisfied grin on his face as he leaned on to the railings.

"Stop, don't do that you might fall." grabbing onto his shirt enough to tug him a bit to not fall off the edge, his hands quickly found my waist pulling me closer to his chest.

"A bit close aren't we love?" flicking off the cigarette butt as he smirked down at me.

"Yeah you're right, too close for comfort." his grip on my waist was strong but not enough to leave any bruises just restraining, as he leaned his head on my shoulder hair brushing against my jaw. His cold cheek touching warm skin as he let out an elicit groan, pulling away from his grip would only tighten velvet lips damping skin as he pulled away. Stepping back from Ezra eyes shooting daggers to him,as he just smiled.

"Come inside love, I won't bite." as he gazed, lips curling into a smirk as Ezra held out his hand. Without saying a word I sprinted for the door as his hand slammed on the wall, fingers pulling my chin his breath touching the shell of my ear.

"I'll see you soon love," he gritted loud enough for me to hear, his voice sending chill shivers down my spin. He pulled away smiling as my cheeks were flushed breathing unsteady, knees unconsciously shaking from his gaze.

"This will be our little secret."