CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Tapping the pen on my desk the wall clock ticking loudly in silence flipping through the pages of my planner, there weren’t other meetings aside from the next discussion for the new set of manuscripts. The soft ding of the elevator as it sprung open soles scrapping the floor looking up from my table meeting pairs of gray and green eyes, both cladding in button downs as they smile eagerly.

“Love, is Finn in there?”

“Ezra, it’s Lily stop calling me like that.” I glared. “and yes, Finn’s inside.” he just smirked asking the both of them to sit down, not making eye contact with the both of them as I knock on Finn’s door.

“Finn?” he looked miserable. Eyes a bloodshot and puffy, dark circles emanating from them as well. “Oh my god, I leave you for a couple of hours what the hell?!” he grunted forehead hitting the table followed by strings of profanities.

“Lily, we have a problem.”

“No. Finn, I’m not drunk enough for this.” sighing at him rubbing his back rushing back out to get a wet towel and a glass of water, not minding the eyes following my every move. Tending to Finn before he gets too into the despair of finding a wife to settle down with.

“So basically your dad just wants you to get settled and all that.” he nodded his head putting the glass down.

“I’m sure that Rae’s fine with settling down,” looking at him as he slumped against the chair.

“What’s wrong?”

“I don’t want to chain her down because she has dreams too.” a small smile crept up to my face, wrapping my arms around his shoulder hugging him close.

“I’m sure Rae would be happy about it.” I murmured softly.

“More importantly Ezra’s here, Eli as well.” he looked at me raising both of his brows scrunching his nose brushing down his shirt and heading out the door, immediately starting a conversation with Ezra as we make way to the hall. Eli’s hand falling at the small of my back placing a chaste kiss on my temple.

“What are you doing here?” I whispered loud enough for him to hear.

“I just wanted to make sure he keeps his hands off.” rolling my eyes at him catching a glimpse of Ezra’s smirk at the corner of my eye.

“She’s not even yours Elliot,” Ezra snarled while Eli shooting him a glare and tugging on my waist.

“Stop it you two.” the both of them calming down letting the unbelievable silence drown everything, the tension between the two suffocating the air in the hall.

“I’ll leave you three here,” I told them. “I have files to arrange, Finn tell me if you need anything” Finn nodded as I make my way out the dry hall, letting out a heavy sigh as I walk back to the office. The silence giving me company as I sift through files arranging them thoroughly, receiving calls from Graphics and HR, as well as changing the blinds.

“Do you need anything else Lily?”

“No, thank you so much for changing the blinds.” smiling at the old man in front of me as he bid farewell, as I slump down my own seat outside. Checking my phone for a moment in case Finn needed something, burying my head into my arms as I wait for them to finish their ordeal.

“It’s not good to sleep on the clock.” his voice honeyed as I shoot up to sit properly, meeting green orbs accompanied by a chuckle.

“I thought you were watching over Ezra today Eli?” standing up inviting him in the office to sit on the couch, getting a glass of water for the both of us.

“I was but I wanted to see you more than watch that douche talk about his ideas.” laughing at his statement sitting down leaning against the back of the couch, the linen fabric scratching my skin as I reset against it.

“Did you have work today?” he shook his head looking intently at me as he tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear.

“How was work today Lilian?” I sighed leaning more into the couch as I told him about today, how it went before they arrived. A symphony of laughs, giggles and silence would waft inside the room, Eli would stop ever so often to press a kiss on my forehead, my cheeks, and temples.

“I see you two are too occupied to actually notice us here.” Ezra’s voice booming making me stand up, Finn was leaning against the door frame shaking his head. Walking the two of them back to the elevator Finn following suit, the cold wind rushing against my cheeks leaving a flush trail as it leaves.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then?”

“What?” tilting my head and scrunching my eyebrows, the small hint of glimmer in Eli’s eyes as he placed a kiss on my forehead. Ezra looking disgusted at him as he yanked Eli’s coat.

“Come on, we can’t afford to be late.” Ezra snarled, biding goodbyes brisking to Finn who was stuffing a donut I his mouth.

“Why don’t you two kiss already.” he choked out.

“Finneas!”

“Oh I’m sorry that I’m more sexually tense than my friends who refuse to admit their feelings for each other.” hitting his arms as he sarcastically said a sorry, he wasn’t half wrong nor was he right. Maybe just maybe, I could let my heart beat for him after all.