Chap 8 Engagement

Waking up and offering her Fajr prayer, Emaan headed out for a morning walk. For her morning walk gave her optimistic thoughts. She always went to the park near her house because it was safe for ladies and you can do exercise freely.

After running for 2 hours Emaan was out of breath so she sat down on a bench near her. She was gasping her breath when a boy sat beside her.

Emaan didn't bother because she thought of him as a stranger. But when that boy tried to touch her hand she shriek in fear.

Emaan stood up and was about to run away but someone grabbed her hand and pulled her back.

"Help! He..lp....."

Emaan shouted as loud as she could but her voice cracked. She was so frightened because of the sudden situation.

The boy put his hand over her mouth to keep her voice down and pulled down his mask.

"Shush.... Emaan it's me". He whispers shouted.

Emaan eyes widened when she saw the face of the boy so she pushed him away with full force that he fell on his hips.

"Ouch! Emaan, what are you doing?" The boy growled in a low tone.

"You deserve this Daniyal. You nearly gave me a heart attack". Emaan said in an angry tone.

"I was just scaring you a lil but I think it was a bad idea." He giggled in between.

Well, you didn't have to push me away so hard. Now grab me. Daniyal gave her charming smile while drewing his hand out.

"Get up on your own. I'm not going to help you". Emaan was still angry about what he did.
They don't have this type of relationship.

"Okay! I'm sorry I shouldn't have done this in the first place". Daniyal stood up, cleaned away the dust on his black trouser and gave her an alluring smile.

"Btw what are you doing here so early in the morning?" She raised her eyebrows because something was fishy.

"Mom and Dad came to your house when they heard Uncle Siddique was back.They are probably eating breakfast right now". Daniyal gave her a tooth smile.

"And how did you know I was here?" Emaan was not satisfied with his answer.

"I asked Aunty, she told me".
Daniyal rubbed his back hair nervously.

"I'm already late for work. I think we should head back to the villa". Emaan said in a calm tone but deep inside something was bothering.

Daniyal's family was already at the table when Emaan and Daniyal entered the dining room.

Emaan said "ASLAM-O-ALAIKUM" in a cheerful voice. Everyone looked at her with a smile.

"WALAIKUM-ASLAM! Come, have breakfast with us". Mr Siddique said with a fatherly smile.

I am sweating so much Baba. Let me wash myself up. I'll join you guys in 5 mins. Emaan said and went towards her room.

The air was a lil tense when Emaan came back to the dining table. She smiled nervously while everyone was staring at her.

Daniyal's mother approached her and took Emaan's hand in her embrace.

At that moment she felt something bad was going to happen.

"Look Emaan, we want you to marry our one and only son".

Emaan looked towards her parents nervously when Daniyal mom continued,

"They are okay with this marriage we just want to ask you, if you are ready too. Because it's both of you who are going to marry. And you don't have to worry about your career. You know we are not that conservative. You can continue it after marriage as well. Take your time, right now we are just thinking about engagement. What do you think? Is the 25th of this month okay?" Daniyal's mother was bombarding her head with the things that she has been running away from.