Part 2: Doors and Games

The Red door clicked, and was automatically locked behind them as Gabriel entered the room last. He and everyone else were panting heavily, while Damien collapsed on the floor. He wasn't much of an athlete, or a runner, even. So running for a few seconds already knocked most of the oxygen out of his chest. He seemed to have fainted.

        Everyone's faces were the picture of absolute fear. Especially Rex's. 'What just happened..?'  Dennis tried unlocking the door by the knob. It didn't work. He tried applying his weight on it, to somehow make it burst open, but nothing happened. 

        He grunted. "No good.." he sighed in frustration. "What did we just do...?" he asked, more to himself than to anyone else. He scanned the room they were in, and his head began to throb at first glance.

        The walls were splattered by paint— in all sorts of colors, like someone had just danced around throwing buckets of them randomly all over the place. It made Dennis's stomach churn. Nope, not helping. He swallowed back a vomit. It was gross, but he couldn't risk embarrassing himself in a time like this. What was up with this place?

        "Why'd ya do that, Sarra?!" Rex boomed, panting in between his words. He was in such a shock earlier that he didn't know what else to do but follow his friends' lead. He didn't ask  to be in this sort of situation, but it was too late now. He seriously needed to work on those panic attacks of his. First, the clown, now, they were trapped in a room. Great. Could this day get any worse?

         "Didn't you hear what that clown said? Our trip ended!" Steve clung to his sister's arm, afraid that Rex might yell at him, too, for opening the door. 

         Sarra rolled her brown eyes. "Then why'd you follow me, then?" she huffed. 

           "Because I was trying to drag you back!!" Rex felt like popping a vein.

           "Well you—"

          "WOULD YOU TWO PLEASE. SHUT. UP?" Gabriel growled, glaring to their direction. Both teens zipped their mouths. It was rare for Gabriel to yell, especially since he was the quiet type. "WE'RE LOCKED IN." 

          Rex grumbled an apology. Sarra 'hmphed'. Dennis sighed, putting a hand on Gabriel's shoulder. "Calm down, dude. Look," He gestured to the other doors with almost the same colors except with different shades ; purple. "We can get out of this place using one of those doors instead, okay?" 

          Rex and Sarra's faces showered with relief when Gabriel's expression resumed to it's usual one. "Fine.." 

          Alexa's eyes darted to the Red door. "I wonder why it locked itself..."

          "Maybe it's designed to do that?" Steve suggested. 

          "But don't you think that's a bit unusual?" Dennis said. 

          "Unusual?" Rex snapped. "It's not normal. This is like kidnapping!" 

           Alexa shrugged. "Maybe. I just wanna get outta here, I have an appointment later!"

            "Pssh, you call going to malls with your filthy rich big sisters an APPOINTMENT? What are you, a spoiled, wanna-be business woman?" Rex said, not liking Alexa's attitude. 

            "Like YOU'RE not rich yourself, Dinosaur." Rex was about to argue, when the most unexpected thing happened. 

           A faint voice called out, "Rex?". Another person was in the room.