𝐊𝐚𝐛𝐚𝐥

Not requested! I liked this idea and wanted to make it. Also we're just gonna pretend for this that MK11 didn't retcon MK9 Kabal into never leaving the Black Dragon 🤷

-------------------------------------------------------------

"I have some bad news," the doctor said in a sympathetic voice, while not looking up from his clipboard.

"It's me, isn't it?" asked Kabal, as he glanced down at the floor, not wanting to meet your eyes.

"No, sir. It's you, Y/N," the doctor sighed, "you can't have children,"

"But I—"

"You just so happen to be one of those rare cases of being able to have a menstrual cycle, but not being fertile. I'm very sorry,"

Your eyes burned with tears. This wasn't happening. No way. You had been told your whole life you'd be able to have kids.
But, no. Of course, it had to be you.

The doctor left the room, and Kabal pulled you into a tight hug, letting you cry on his shoulder. He would never admit it, but he was crying too. He always wanted to have kids. And now he couldn't.

The ride back to your shared apartment was almost entirely silent. Neither of you knew what to say. After trying for so long, you finally started to have hope that the fertility doctor would have good news. You couldn't stop crying. Just when you started to have hope, it was taken right out from under you.

The elder Gods really must've hated you.

That night at home, after eating a small dinner, you sat on the couch, and continued to cry. And cry. And cry even more. You had been through so much trouble, why couldn't this have been the one thing in life that could work out? Between being in the Black Dragon, watching the love of your life get his skin burnt off, and all the other problems you had to deal with, why did having a child have to be the most impossible thing in the world.

Kabal sat down next to you, pulling you close to him. "Y/N, it's gonna be alright,"

He would never admit to you how much this was hurting him, too. He wanted you think he was strong.

"How?" You sobbed.

Kabal sighed. "There are plenty of kids out there right now who don't have parents. Who need parents," He knew that adopting was a long shot. An adoption agency would never be able to look past Kabal's burns. He was lucky enough as it is that the fertility doctors didn't give him weird looks for them. Let alone an adoption agency that would decide whether or not he'd be able to have a child. "I know it's a long shot, honey. But it could happen. We have options, Y/N. And the doctor never did say that it would be impossible for you to get pregnant,"

"Kabal, that's what infertile means," You shook your head.

"Oh..." Kabal shrugged. "well, we still have options, don't we?"

"Yeah...we do. I don't think we'd be able to afford them. I mean we can barely afford to keep living here," You gestured around the small apartment.

"That's true..." Kabal nodded. "I think about going back all the time, y'know. To the Black Dragon,"

"We can't, and you know that," You sighed. "If Kano finds us we're dead. Erron said it himself,"

"I know," Kabal scoffed. "It was good money, though,"

"I think Kano knows we thought that. We paid for our wedding with it and then got the hell out,"

"Yeah, and as much money as it made, it was wrong. I'm glad I finally realized that. And if it wasn't for you, I never would have. Besides, I'm happy where I am right now. I mean...aside from us not being able to have kids..."

You sighed, sadly. "I've always wanted my own kids, Kabal. I've always thought that it would be the one thing that could be normal in life for me. Sure, watch my husband get burnt alive by a giant cat with four arms. Sure, go undercover at the Black Dragon and have to meet Kano. Sure, get into trouble with the military and almost become a felon,"

"Right," Kabal said with a small laugh. "I've always wanted kids, too. Maybe not for as long as you have, but, still. I love kids,"

"You're good with them, too," You smiled. "I couldn't wait for you to become a dad,"

"I still can," Kabal smiled back at you. "maybe we can find a surrogate. I'm sure there's a girl out there who's begging for some money,"

"Yeah, money we can't give her," you sighed. "I wish we could just hire a surrogate. But, it's just not that easy,"

"Wanna at least try adoption?" Kabal asked. "I know it's not very likely, because of me...but I wanna try,"

"Don't say that," You shook your head. "If they choose not to give us a baby, then it's their fault. There's nothing wrong with us,"

"I love you,"

"I love you too,"

--------------------------------------------------------------

HSKDKS I just about died writing this, so I hope you enjoyed!
Requests are still open by the way, so if you have any please please send them in!
I was kinda testing this out, because I might use this for the actual Kabal fanfic I'm writing, but it'll be a little different.