Part 4: The Roost

"Almost there! Get through here..." We followed Sora into a tunnel. We went through it to the other side where light shined. "This is our home. Welcome to the "Roost"!

"This is their home... Dr. Tesla, these sheds were built upon high-rises to stay above the flood. Simple structures from blackboards. I can safely say they weren't here, at least not before the eruption." I said. "They were built post disaster. The refuges don't have the skill or the materials. The sensei must have helped." Said Dr. Tesla. "Seems like... we have to ask about this sensei."

I went up to Sora to ask about this sensei. "Thank you for bringing me home. I've told everyone you saved me. The Roost welcomes you." Said Sora. "Sora, can you tell us more about your sensei?" I asked. "Oh, sure. Sensei owns this place and saved everyone's life. She's a beautiful and kind lady. Three years ago, she built this home for us. She always bring us food and gifts when she comes back from the outside. When she is not with us, we'd scavenge in the city and bring back useful stuff to storage." "The city? Wouldn't that be dangerous?" "Sensei circled a safety zone on the map and told us not to stray. We learned how to collect little by little. Sensei never set any standard for us though. No matter how much we collect, the monthly supplies are the same. Only one rule here. Everyone tries their best to live well. We've all been through terrible things, so we have to work together and help each other. Sensei taught us this."

"Do you know when she will be back? We have a few questions for her." "Um... it's a bit odd actually. Sensei should have come back yesterday. I went out to look for her, but I wasn't aware I left the safety zone. When Honkai Beasts came, I ran and fell hard. Nagazora feels stranger and stranger lately... I hope sensei is alright... Oh, what do you want to ask her for?" "Actually, Dr. Tesla and I are here to look for a lost friend. Well actually two lost friends and a dragon. It's a long story..." I meant to tell Sora the whole story, but I hesitated and decided to skip everything about Herrscher.

Later: "...Anyway, that's what happened. You've been here the whole time. Have you seen Kiana, my friend? And have you seen my other friend Patrick and his dragon, Toriyama?" "Um... no, not me. Sensei must be able to help, but she is not here. Maybe... you can ask the others first?"

I began asking around. I asked the first resident. "Girl with silver hair? Boy in green? And a dragon? ...A zombie? Two zombies? A real life Dragon exists?" Then I asked the second resident. "..." No response, but there seemed to be someone inside. I asked the next resident. "...Doesn't ring a bell. I've locked myself in for three weeks." I went to another resident. 'That's a good looking girl... I like the teacher better.' Unclear murmurs came from somewhere. I asked another resident and this one had the answer.

"Girl with silver hair and blue eyes, a boy, and a dragon... Is she in white tights?" "Ah... that's her!" "And is this boy in green tights?" "Yes!" "I saw them heading to the west city. I saw the boy and the girl riding on this large dragon flying. I couldn't even believe my eyes at seeing a real life dragon out of legends and mythology." "West city... the other way around. No wonder most kids didn't see them. Thank you!" "Wait!" Before I could leave I stopped at hearing the resident calling for me. "I heard... you could fight Honkai Beasts? Can you please help me find something? It's a ruby pendant, with a silver chain. After I saw the girl and the boy riding on the dragon, a giant purple Honkai Beast came at me, and I lost my pendant in panic. I was at the East City Square... It's full of horrible Honkai Beasts now. I can't get near..." 'It must be important to her. The square is not far. I'll go and try to find it.' "I'll bring it back to you. "...Thank you." "The East City Square... I think we were there before." I went to the tunnel and exited the Roost to find the pendant.

I got to the East City Square after killing some Honkai Beasts and Zombies along the way. "Alright, let's find that pendant." I sensed for the pendant as I looked for it. I found her things. A smooth stone with beautiful colors. A rare souvenir coin. Keep it for now. I encountered more Honkai Beasts but They were not hard for me to defeat.

After I finished the Honkai Beasts off, I got back to looking. I noticed something on one of the walls. I went up and saw that it was one of Patrick's old swords. "It's his second clue. He was here. But it looks like he or Kiana didn't notice the Roost." I said. I took the sword out and stored it. Then I noticed another thing.

"There's something on the ground." I went into the center of a circle and found what I was looking for. A silver pendant. The switch was turned to reveal a family photo of three. "That's it!" I returned to the Roost and presented the pendant to the resident.

"Is this your pendant?" I handed the pendant through the hole on the window. "Ah... mom and dad..." "I guess it's important to you. Please keep it safe." "Thank you. ...The girl... her name is Kiana? And the boy... is his name Patrick? And is the dragon's name Toriyama?" "Yes." "When I saw them, Kiana seemed very sad and Patrick was trying to comfort her with Toriyama. But I couldn't tell for sure. We were far away." "Kiana..."