Part 8: The Rising Flood

"What the h*** is going on?" Asked Dr. Tesla. Me and Dr. Tesla were shocked by the scene we saw outside the Helios. The sea that flooded the city was calm yesterday, but the water rose by 1o more meters overnight. "This isn't normal at all." "...the children might be in danger! We need to head to the Roost now!"

We rushed out of the Helios to the Roost. However, the rain had Honkai energy. Even worse, there Honkai Beasts gathering. "No, Honkai Beasts are gathering over there!" I shouted. Not wanting to waste any time, I activated my burst mode and began to plow through the gathering Honkai Beasts. We finally got to the tunnel and then to the Roost.

"Hey! Mei!" Shouted Sora. "Sora! I'm so glad that you're alright." I said. The children were busy moving the warehouse supplies. They were ill-prepared for the flood. "All nearby Honkai beasts neutralized. Stay vigilant. We gotta stay on guard. We must move the kids and supplies to higher ground. Tell them that I'm moving mechs into the shelters." Said Dr. Tesla. "Oh... okay."

Later:

Boom!

The residents vacated the lower levels of the Roost in less than 20 minutes. "Why did the flood waters rise? The city... has become very strange..." Asked Sora. "Dr. Tesla, I have a bad feeling about this. More Honkai Beasts showed up and they're now more active. They seem to be... attracted to something." I said. "Is it because of that... huge beast I saw yesterday? I've never seen it before... it's like... the king of the monsters..." "Where did you see it?" "Near the Nagazora Wall. I can take you there" "This is urgent. We must investigate it immediately." "Alright, go ahead. Leave the defense of the shelters to me. Once I deal with the problem here, I'll rendezvous with you at once" Said Dr. Tesla.

Sora took me to the Nagazora Wall but we encountered more Honkai Beasts and I had to fight them off. The Honkai from the rain water kept hurting me but it didn't stop me from fighting or using my burst. Sora suddenly heard something. "Did you hear something? Seems far away..." Said Sora.

A shadow flew over me then there was lightning coming down from the sky. The Honkai Beasts then suddenly ran away. "Honkai Beasts... on the run? No it's..." I said. "Watch out, Mei!" Screamed Sora. The shadow flew over me again. Then it came down to us. "No-now way... How could it be...? Benares!?" In our sight was the Honkai dragon, Benares.