00. cast + summary

amelia zadro as brynley bell fletcher

ashley benson as elleri greybeck ryan guzman as chase van-doren the cast of the originals as their characters

ryan guzman as chase van-doren
the cast of the originals as their characters

-

a/n: so the timeline for the originals is so very confusing. i've done research, and tvd wiki says that the tvd episode the originals takes place in may, but it also says that the first episode of the originals, always and forever takes place in september. the timeline for the beginning of this book is literally not gonna make sense, but im just gonna do my best. so, chapter one is going to take place in september, the day after klaus daggered elijah. okay, now onto the summary.

It was summer full of adulting. Brynley had spent the entire summer watching the Council run Audubon, so she would know what to do when she finally steps up as Monarch. She had also moved into the Mikaelson plantation mansion, and her and Elijah were officially living together. That means she was also living with Klaus, which she wasn't exactly thrilled about.

Besides that, Brynley was happy in New Orleans. It was completely different than Mystic Falls. The supernatural community was a lot more known that it was in Virginia, but there were some issues. The vampires walked around like they owned the place, the witches weren't allowed to do magic, and the fairies were hidden behind trees. The fairies only left Audubon when they needed to, and when they did, they posed as humans. This kept the illusion that fairies were practically extinct. When in reality, there was an entire civilization of them in the Audubon park.

Brynley hated the fact that the fairies had to hide because they afraid of the witches and the vampires. She wanted to change that when she became Monarch, but the Council advised against it because that's the way things have been for over 100 years.