15. destroy the innocence

s1e14: long way back from hell

"That's awfully terrible language for someone who's going to help you," Celeste smirked. "But first, we're going to need the real Brynley here."

"What are you going to do to her?" Brynley, still bitchy Brynley, asked.

"Show her what you already know," Celeste began. "That Elijah Mikaelson is the worst thing for her. I'm going to show her what he is, I'm going to destroy the innocence that prevents her from seeing what he truly is, a monster."

"I am not letting you do that to her." Bryn shook her head.

"Why not?" Celeste questioned.

"Because as much as I hate to admit it, that damn vampire is the only thing on this Earth is keeping Brynley from falling apart completely," Bryn explained. "And I actually care about her. You do this to her, she'll be scared of Elijah."

"Exactly, she'll push him away and she'll be safe because of it." Sabine said. "I'm only trying to safe Brynley from having the same fate as I did."

"She won't, Elijah would rather die than see her come to harm." Brynley reminded.

"That's what I thought too about me." Celeste said and opened a spell book. "Now, since I'm a witch trying to break fairy magic, this is going to hurt."

"Don't do this, please, this will destroy her, please!" Brynley begged.

"Magicae mediocris igitur et revoca bonum. Posuit tenebris auferat." Celeste began to chant and Brynley screamed at the top of her lungs in pain.

"No! No!" Brynley shook her head before groaning in pain. She could feel the real Brynley waking up inside her from Celeste's magic, breaking through before she passed out.

-

Elijah walked into Lafayette cemetery where witches were gathering to say goodbye to Sophie. He sped through and took out three people before looking at Monique Deveraux.

"My siblings and my girlfriend have been taken. Where are they?" Elijah asked.

"You're interrupting my Aunt Sophie's consecration." Monique replied.

"How did this happen?" Elijah asked.

"Aunt Sophie was a casualty of war." Monique informed.

"Monique, I recommend you give me what I want. Unless, of course, you'd like me to level this place and everything in it." Elijah threatened.

"That won't be necessary. I have a message for you from Celeste." Monique smirked and raised a hand. Elijah pulled the collar of his shirt as Monique cast a spell. He looked down at his chest to see something written on it. "To find what you're looking for, follow the path she left behind."

-

Brynley Fletcher, the real Brynley Fletcher, woke up in a cell and looked around in confusion.

"God, bitchy-Brynley, what the hell did you do?" Brynley whispered.

"You're awake," Brynley looked up to see Sabine. "The question is, is it the real you?"

"Sabine. What's going on?" Brynley asked. "What am I doing here?"

"Alright, you're you," Sabine nodded and smirked at the girl. "First of all, I'm not Sabine, I'm Celeste."

"Oh my god," Brynley gasped and her eyes widened. "Celeste. How are you here? That's impossible-"