29. a bloody miracle

s2e8: the brothers that care forgot

Brynley walked downstairs and into the courtyard of the Mikaelson compound to find her boyfriend, Klaus, Finn, and Kol sitting at a table covered in breakfast food. Brynley smiled in amusement at the sight before saying, "Good morning!"

Elijah turned in his seat to look at the girl. She looked much more well-rested and it brought a smile to his face. Brynley walked over and kissed Elijah's cheek before sitting down next him. "Good morning, my love."

Brynley grabbed a waffle from the tray and placed it on her plate. Elijah wrapped an arm around her shoulder and whispered, "How did you sleep?"

"Wonderfully." Brynley leaned her head on Elijah's shoulder. She slept amazing because Elijah was next to her and the nightmares were gone. The one thing she was worried about was the fact that she was carrying the newest Mikaelson and had yet to tell the father.

"Good." Elijah kissed the top of her head and Brynley began to eat her waffle. She was starving, she was eating for two after all.

"But, if you continue to oppose us, a denial of pastries will be the least of your concerns." Klaus began to spoke.

"If all you wanted was my allegiance against Mother Dearest, you should have said so! Save me a night shackled to the wall." Kol sighed.

"Yes, this was Niklaus. My recommendation was to remove your limbs, one by one, until you comply." Elijah sighed.

"That's violent." Brynley pouted at Elijah and took a sip of orange juice.

"We've--we've no desire to torture you." Klaus stood up. "Provided you vow to stand beside us as brothers."

"Brothers... Does that word even apply to us? After all these centuries of betrayal? And, has loyalty to you ever rewarded? If so, tell me, Niklaus-- where is our sister, Rebekah?" Finn asked and Elijah glared at him.

-

Brynley stood with her arms crossed as Klaus pulled Elijah away from Finn. Elijah raised his hands before beginning to clean himself up.

"What just just happened?" Brynley asked and Elijah looked down.

"I enjoy a good bloodletting as much as anyone, but our brothers have power, as well as knowledge of Esther's plans." Klaus whispered to Elijah. "We need them alive."

"Imagine what they would do to Rebekah. To Hope." Elijah whispered back.

"Rebekah has been cloaked by powerful magic. Focus on the task at hand." Klaus demanded. "We need to persuade our brothers."

"I'm through with persuasion." Elijah went to leave but Brynley grabbed his arm.

"Elijah!" Brynley scolded.

"Has the earth shifted on its axis? You needing restraint from me?" Klaus gasped.

"What is going on with you?" Brynley mumbled and Elijah's phone began to ring.

"It's me. I have the baby, and we're on the run. Esther found us. We're safe, for now-- I've lost her bloody starlings, but I have no idea where to go." Rebekah said over the phone.

"Tell her to head west. I'll call Hayley." Klaus replied.

"Do not tell Hayley! Esther's too smart for that. The only advantage that we have is that she thinks the baby died. Text me the plans." Rebekah hung up.

"Go. I'll take care of Kol and Finn." Elijah offered and Brynley shook her head.

"Not happening." Brynley said.