Chapter 9

This bad boi will be written from Virgil's POV sooo have fun, Kiddos!

Yesterday was draining, to say the least. I was emotionally exhausted, and Logan could tell the moment I walked out to get my morning cup of coffee. I, like the cat I am, sat on the counter as I drank it. Patton and Roman sat at the table shortly after.

"Do we have any plans for today, or does a lazy day sound better?" I really wanted the latter, but I would do anything they agreed to. I don't want them to hate me or anything, so I told myself I could probably handle another day out before a day or two of rest. Logan seemed to have other plans, though.

"I think a lazy day would benefit us the most. It was pretty overwhelming." I am so happy to have a friend like him. I sent him a soft smile.

"I wouldn't mind staying inside. It is supposed to get uncomfortably warm outside anyway," Patton rested his head on Logan's shoulder. I almost cooed, almost. Don't get your hopes up. Virgil Bondevike does not coo, "Maybe we could even make some popsicles for later!"

"Now that is something I won't object to, Patt," I set my glass down in the sink next to me as I finished my wonderful coffee.

Our breakfast, which consisted of a little bit of eggs and an obscene amount of bacon, was interrupted by my aunt, "Hello, boys! I am going on my business trip a lot earlier than expected, so try not to burn the house down while I'm gone!"

"No prob, Aunt Katie! Have fun on your trip!" Finally, she has a name-

She laughed, "As much fun as I can, Kiddo. See you all in a few weeks!" And, just like that, she was gone. I let out a small sigh of relief.

"Now we can do whatever the hell we want, basically. As long as we leave the wine in the cellar alone, we can even get drunk if we want to."

"Maybe we could invite some of our school friends to join us too. I'm sure they wouldn't be opposed to the idea of a few drinks," I did not expect Logan to be so willing to do this. He was the calm rational one in our friendship, and if he isn't as calm and rational anymore, chaos will ensue.

"Oooh! We can play truth or dare, or spin the bottle-" Patton stopped in the middle of his sentence, "-maybe not spin the bottle. I don't wanna kiss anyone else."

"Truth or dare would be pretty fun!" Roman looked so excited and it was adorable. His wings fruffed up, and he had to roll his shoulder back just to get them back into a comfortable place once again. This made his face flush slightly, probably from embarrassment, but I thought it was very cute.

"I don't have their contacts, but I know Logan does. I'll leave it to you to get them here tomorrow evening. Just make sure they know that this is not a party. Just us hanging out. I don't want it to get out of hand..." He nodded and solemnly swore he would make sure it stayed small.

"Patton mentioned popsicles earlier, and I think, just maybe, we could make them with alcohol? Obviously some without, just cause I want some that are just kool aid or something, but- I'm just saying-" He was cut off by Patton.

"When did you get so smart? I think that is a wonderful idea!" I nodded along with Logan, knowing that I would be able to make them actually taste good, despite their being alcohol in it. I will not freeze straight vodka.

"Leave it to me, guys. I know where she keeps the actual good stuff. It may not taste like alcohol, but I promise you, it will get you drunk."

I looked forward for tomorrow, even if I knew it would make me tired. I knew that if it got to much, they would understand. Otherwise I wouldn't be friends with them, after all.