Singleness

Being single should not be a show stopper on our lives, and it should not stop us from getting closer to God. God allows singleness and loneliness in our lives so He can prepare us for His work and His purpose.

God gave us skills and abilities to use in this kingdom, not for our purpose. So in our season of singleness, we must allow God to guide us in developing our gifts for the purpose of His Kingdom

Some of you might think; my life hasn't started yet because I'm not married?. Just because you are single and that you are not married does not mean that your lives have not started yet. Our lives start NOW! Singleness can strengthen our inward standards. Singleness allows us to focus on allowing God to work in our practical preparation.

Being single is a gift. When we allow God to use our singleness for His purpose, we discover an incredible truth: singleness can be an exciting adventure of active preparation

There is difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband.

1 Corinthians 7:34 KJV

When we get married our minds will be on our husbands because that is how God made us. When we are single we can focus on getting closer to God. Do not waste the time you have available to wait for. Instead, use your undivided devotion to honor God with your life by praying and reading the Bible.

Favor is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.

Proverbs 31:30 KJV

The Proverbs 31 woman is an example to all women married or unmarried. Before finding a future husband, allow God to work on the personality traits that define a godly woman. Fear the LORD, care for others and be wise in your season of singleness and loneliness.

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Romans 12:1 KJV

Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit and we need to keep it pure. We need to strive to obey God by, Instead, adopt godly and holy desires that will honor Him.

And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy.

Acts 21:9 KJV

Luke wanted us to know that Philip had four single daughters who prophesied. Luke did that to remind us that God uses men and women to share His Word. Be encouraged and know that our marriage status should not prevent us from actively doing God's work

For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that. I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I.

1 Corinthians 7:7-‬8 KJV

The season of life before we are married is a gift from God that is just as valuable as the seasons following.1 Corinthians shows us that as a single woman we are at an advantage when it comes to serving God. We can devote ourselves completely to God.

Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.

Titus 2:6 KJV

I have always thought that one of the hardest parts about being single is to allow God to teach me how to have self-control. Because of our fleshly desires, we want to give in and do what pleases our bodies. Titus 2:6 reminds us that remaining in self-control is something that we need to encourage. So, if you are struggling with lust, find a group in your church that you can invite in whenever you need prayer. Pray for help and strength. Do not let your flesh be in control of your actions let God control what you do and how you act.