Chapter Thirteen

A Deadly Walk Home

Sheldon never saw the choke hold coming as he boldly but sadly walked toward his apartment. 

Maybe if his mind had not been full of thoughts of Shelby & Bourbon his intuition would have kicked in? Some of his years of Army training could have saved him. He may just have felt deaths grips grab him from behind before he could turn the corner and react. The Stranger grabbed him hard held him in a death choke hole until he was breathless and sleeping. He then threw his body in the back of a midsize blacked out Mercedes Benz Truck and drove away. 

On the south side of Piedmont where the park was being expanded there were no camera's, he made sure he had scoped it out the day before. All camera seem to face the the park instead of the mud path where the new bridge was being constructed. 

He didn't bother to remove the dealership plates as the car was stolen from the near by Rent a  Luxury Ride on Peachtree Road just minutes, before the strangers trip to the Heights at Peyton Place.

The stranger pulled the body from his truck and rolled it down in the mud path of the construction but not before putting two bullets  from his silencer into his cranium to ensure he was dead.  

The body sunk slowly into the mud and pouring down rain until it disappeared. 

Satisfied with a job well done The Stranger hopped back into his luxury ride and drove straight to a bridge that over looked the Chattahoochee  River. There he set the van ablaze a bit inside before jumping out and rolling it into the river watching it sink. 

He lit a cigarette and slowly began to walk away from the scene of the crime as he felt brilliant inside and proud of himself, until he looked down at his imported boots. 

" Dam I cuffed these suckers up for real this time!! Got dam asshole would've jumped without all this work. He'd watched him from a nearby location that weekend. He saw him put the gun to his dead over that bimbo he begged the General to marry. 

" Sorry buddy ... she wasn't even worth it,  I fucked her in my elevator. with your ring on her finger." 

 He said to himself as if he were talking to Sheldon. The stranger strolled down the empty road taking a long puff on his cigarette before he smashed it out. He then picked  it up with his black leather gloves and put it in his leather skull jacket. " No evidence sorry Buddy I need  another payday.  He kept walking away from the River, whistling a Jimmy the Cricket tune all to himself as he strolled.