🏐 ELEVEN 🏐

Anaguma stood at the end line, shagging balls as Shiratorizawa did hitting lines

Anaguma stood at the end line, shagging balls as Shiratorizawa did hitting lines. To say some of them were intimidated would be an understatement.

"Hey demon king, might want to give us a pep talk or something." Kentaro suggested quietly, "I would myself but I'm not as confident as you are."

"That's why I'm the demon king." Yusei said, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry, I'll handle it."

After Shiratorizawa finished, Anaguma was up for their seven minutes. "Outside!" Yusei yelled, raising her hand. Nishi set to her, nice and high.

No one expected what she did next. (I know this isn't technically physically possible but bear with me here 🙏🏻)

Jumping up, Yusei did a flip in the air and slammed the ball extremely sharp angle. All eyes watching were wide, mouths open in shock as Yusei stuck the landing perfectly.

"We've got this." She smirked, her chin tilted down. Her team's eyes widened, no one else realizing the significance of this movement. She wasn't looking down her nose at their opponent now, she wasn't underestimating them.

Yusei had observed and assessed the situation. Her cocky level was down, she wasn't being cocky, she was being purely confident.

Anaguma went up in cheers, the rest of their warm up time extremely hyped. Once they got into their huddle, Yusei gave the pep talk.

"Everyone on this team is talented, and I believe in every single one of you and your abilities. Today will end in victory for us, all we have to do is play our game like we always do."

"Shiratorizawa might have Ushiwaka, but you have me. Ushiwaka is the third best ace in the country, but I'm the demon king." She smirked. "Now, are you ready to play?!"

"Yeah!"

"Are you ready to fight?!"

"Yeah!"

"ARE WE GONNA WIN?!"

"FUCK YEAH WE ARE!"

With that exclamation, Anaguma walked onto the court like a clan of battle ready Badgers. The shiratorizawa eagles watched them closely as they were checking the line ups, hostility in the air.

No one exchanged words beyond the net, knowing the first person to have that privilege would be the demon king.

Apparently everyone at Anaguma high was told about her nickname because suddenly, from behind them, drums sounded. "Demon king!" The students chanted, "Victory!" They continued, "Aaaaanaguma!" They began repeating the school's name several times before going back around.

Yusei smirked back at them, this was a game that would go down in history.

Shiratorizawa had serve, which meant  that their setter, Semi Eita, had the ball. That meant that Ushiwaka was in front at that moment, which was what Anaguma had expected.