Chapter 35: Marielle Lennox

I'm grateful that Gemma fell asleep as soon as I put her down on the bed but I'm fucking terrified for the men out there, risking their lives for this. "Ugh, our men are fucking gorgeous. I mean did you see the way they handled that first attack." Lexie basically drools over Bear who we can see over the night vision cams scattered about the property.

"I know, right? My freaking libido has increased tenfold since pregnancy and all I can think about right now is jumping him the minute he gets back through those doors. I mean literal yum. I'm happy I married him now."

"You threatened to push him off a bridge the other day..." I prompt with a smile, laughing as she turns to look at me.

"Yeah, that's a normal Tuesday for us. He knows that if he went off that bridge, I'd go with him." She looks back at the screen and the words she just said bury deep in my soul. I know I love Jules; I know that, and I'm devoted to him. But would I want to kill myself if he died? I'd be in hysterics, hardly holding it together but would I take that final step?

These thoughts are way too deep; I knew I should've snuck some alcohol in here and completely murdered my liver but apparently that's not 'healthy' and I need to learn to cope without it, so I don't become an alcoholic. Sure, I understand the reasons, doesn't mean I don't wanna wrap my mouth around a bottle of tequila and down the entire thing.

I did get scolded when I suggested it, so I've decided that watching Jules be a badass biker is my favourite thing. I mean the gun toting, leather wearing Texan has me falling apart. He moves so gracefully and purposefully, knowing exactly what he's doing and where. It should be unnerving that he is enjoying it, I mean the smiling and the laughing just proves that, I should be disgusted but I find it endearing.

He likes his job. Granted, it is not an office job or whatever but who likes that anyway. Sounds fucking boring to me. After being around this environment for so long, loving them and integrating myself in this family, I couldn't imagine leaving. I couldn't imagine settling down with a doctor or a lawyer and living in a house with a white picket fence. I suppose I couldn't imagine a life without guns, bikes and cuts and I'm A-Okay with that.

I look over at Peyton and Lexie who have popcorn in their laps and are frightfully close to the screen.

Yeah, definitely couldn't imagine a life without it.

I shuffle closer and take a handful of popcorn, listening as Slasher tries to infuriate Reign by bringing up Peyton. We laugh at Runner's reply, funny little fucker. "Final wave coming in, they haven't got many men left, they must've been relying on the people they broke out to fill their ranks." Lexie says and we nod along to her words.

"I'm just confused, this should not be this easy. Aren't they supposed to be some high and mighty club who know exactly what they're doing?" I ask, looking over at the dwindling Fire Demons. Some of them are willing to run, I can see that now.

Slasher is arguing with them, I assume convincing them to stay and fight beside him. Three men shrug off their cuts, throwing them onto the truck and riding off. It's cute that they think they'll survive, I'm sure our men will hunt them down and make sure they don't pose a threat. They pose even the smallest sliver and they will be killed.

Protective to the very end.

Bear gets hold of a loudspeaker and Lexie looks like she's about to pass out. She seems excited so I can only assume its lust that's powering her outburst. "I can't wait for this to be over, him and I won't leave the room for days." Her grin is unreal, and I laugh with her.

"Fucking mood. I'm not letting my husband leave the house until he's made good on his promise." Peyton's hands rub together in glee as she watches her man rest against the wall casually, as if his life isn't on the line right now.

"What was the promise?" I ask softly, looking over to see Gem still unconscious.

"To fuck me so hard I can't walk for weeks." Lexie whistles lowly at that and shakes Peyton.

"Looks like we're all gonna get laid, Marielle you're gonna have to get yourself a babysitter. I'm sure Breaker and the boys will be up to the task."

"Oh, don't worry. I spoke to them earlier; Runner says he'll be happy to look after her." They both look at me in surprise before high fiving me on my preparedness. I don't think they realise that I've been planning this since I was left high and dry the day this all fucking started.

Bear just tells them to get on with it already which makes us laugh. He's trying to instigate and by the look on Slasher's face, it worked. He storms in and his men follow with their shitty revolvers and machetes. Who goes into a high secure compound with five bullets and a knife that they can't control?

Laughable really. No wonder why none of ours have been injured.

Shots are fired immediately. Romeo and Runner firing from the roof, men shooting from the windows and once everyone else is dead Slasher stands in the middle of a blood-soaked field and now has the courtesy to look terrified.

All of our men move in, surrounding him with sadistic grins. "You threatened to kill my wife." Reign growls out, kicking Slasher in the back of the leg and forces him to his knees. Peyton groans and rubs her face.

"It's like he wants me to explode." She scratches at her thighs and bites her lip.

"You shot and kidnapped my men." Bear hisses, landing a sucker punch to Slasher's nose, the crunch sound is satisfying as the blood starts to run down into his mouth. "And you attacked my compound, my brothers and my fucking club. I will tear you and your club apart. Take him to the basement, I'm going to get my wife."

Bear angrily storms in and Lexie immediately approaches the door, ready to be fucked into next week by her husband. "See, this is why I was on my best behaviour before." She grins as she bounces excitedly. I did wonder why she didn't throw the standard hissy fit earlier.

Sex is always a good motivator.