Fifteen

Blossom woke up to the sun on her face. She jumped out of her chair and rushed into the house. She slammed open the door to the bedroom. Ethan turned his head to look at her, he was looking at his wrists.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"I remembered!" She told him excitedly. He dropped his wrist and pushed her out of the room. Blossom smiled at him, waiting for his response.

"You remembered the night?" He asked excitedly.

"No," she felt a bit disappointed. "I remembered my dad."

"What? What'd you remember?"

"I... I think that we need to go somewhere." She said.

****

"Slow down!" Ethan laughed and grabbed Blossom's arm.

"Come on! You're just slow!" she smiled. Ethan smiled back but his smile became bittersweet. "What?" Blossom asked.

"You didn't use to smile like this," he told her. "Do you still know Irish, you used to be fluent." Blossom shook her head.

"I don't know any other language than English."

"You tried to teach me, I wasn't really good at it. I remember some though," he smiled. "tá do gháire deas"

"What does that mean?" Blossom asked.

"I'll tell you later," he told her. Blossom frowned sarcastically and they went back to laughing. They walked a bit further before Blossom looked up and stopped in her tracks.

"It changed," she said. She felt all the feelings of that night rushing back to her. She stumbled back and started breathing heavily. Ethan caught her with a worried look over his eyes. Blossom couldn't stop breathing, the breaths suffocated her. Her eyes welled with tears and she couldn't see past her memories.

"Blossom, calm down." Ethan's voice dragged her out of the battlefield. She tried to breathe in more and more until she could finally breathe again.

"The wall changed." She said. Blossom stood up and looked at the mess. "He is a psychopath." Blossom spat bitterly. The wall was metal now, no ways to see inside or out. And there were cherry blossoms lining the walls, thousands and thousands of the soft pink blossoms. And in pink paint, there was a message written on the wall. A note for her, a warning.

Dear Blossom,

My sweet Blossom, why did you leave? I will find you, and we will move to Japan, where these cherry blossoms will be. I have much power, you just don't know how much yet. I will find you many friends, many friends to play with.

Love,

Your Dad

"Blossom," Ethan said.

"One second Ethan, I need to process."

"Blossom, this is important." Blossom paid no attention and stared at the flowers. "Blossom!" Blossom turned to him and saw the look on his face.

"What?"

"I need to tell you about the night."