Seventeen

Blossom wasn't sure when she started to get the head ache. She wasn't sure when she passed out and why Ethan was carrying her. All she knew was that the pain in her head was worse than anything felt before. It was like fire and burning metal forcing its way into her head. Maybe this is why she forgot, she didn't remember this pain when she didn't have any memories. But a part of her was happy that these memories were being pushed in, no matter how horrible they could be. With that thought her mind swirled back to the day she woke up.

"Two times two?" The man asked her as the car jostled her.

"Uhm, two?" Blossom responded. The man shook his head and turned back around.

"We're going to have to start her with the basics," The man said to the driver. Blossom looked out the tinted windows and watched the trees go by.

"Where are my parents?" She asked. The man shuffled through papers and didn't glance at her.

"They aren't coming, Lily," He said.

"My name is Blossom," she reminded him. He sighed and closed his eyes in annoyance.

"Your name is Lily, that is the name you told them at the adoption center and that's the name you were given." Blossom shook her head but didn't say it again. Her one goal was to piss off the people at the hospital so the second she set her feet on the ground she sprinted. Somehow she ended up in a boys room, he had golden hair and soft blue eyes. Maybe she would regret dragging the nice boy into her plans, but in the moment she pulled him in without a second thought.

"Hey Ethan," she said dodging the question. "Do you want to help me?"

"With what?" He asked curiously, she smiled.

"You'll see."

"Okay... I guess I'll help," he said, "how old are you?" Blossom was caught off guard by this question, she thought for a second.

"Ten, I think,"

"Cool, me too! But why are we in my room hiding?" He asked.

"I don't want to see anyone, but we can leave now."

*******

Blossom sat on a chair while staring at the clock. She was older now, three years had passed and all she did was plan.

"What are you doing?" Ethan asked.

"Planning the time we leave." She said. "Want an apple?"

"No, I'm waiting for dinner." Ethan told her. She turned to look at him, he was too skinny but maybe that was just normal. He did eat a lot at dinner anyway. "Oh, there's this girl named Emily, she said that she wants to leave."

"Perfect, tell her to come to our meeting tonight." Blossom said.

"Blossom, there is something I want to ask you." Ethan sighed.

"What?" She asked standing up.

"How does your dad send you pictures if he doesn't know where you are?" He muttered. Blossom felt her body go numb, a sinking feeling over took her.

"I... don't know, he couldn't have found me, right?" She stumbled back and put a hand to her head.

"Woah!" Ethan stepped forward to catch her. She pulled herself to her feet and closed her eyes.

"It's going to be fine," She said.

********

"Wait I never agreed to murder someone!" Ethan panicked.

"You won't have to kill anyone, I'll kill him myself." Blossom said, trying to calm him down. Ethan shook his head and breathed in deeply.

"I just need to-" he turned away. Blossom grabbed his wrist and pulled him back. She looked down at the wrist and bit her lip.

"What the hell is this Ethan?" Blossom grabbed at his hand. Ethan pulled his arm away and tried to walk away. "Ethan get back here!" Blossom screamed.

********

"Blossom you have to trust me, it's not safe here." Jay told her.

"I get it Jay, we're leaving tomorrow just hold on till then." Blossom said. He nodded and wiped away his tears. Ethan stood up and helped Jay to his room. Blossom sighed and sat back in her chair, the hospital wasn't helping Jay's panic attacks, she was, and that's why they had to leave.

Ethan came back and fell into a chair. He pushed back his chair and smiled at Blossom. "Hi," he said.

"Hey,"

"I was just thinking," he started. "You never really told me about your dad."

"That was a long time ago," She mumbled. "He kidnapped me when I was five, that was eleven years ago." Ethan nodded slowly.

"Do you think my parents will come?" Ethan asked. Blossom knew the answer but sometimes its better to lie.

"Yeah, they'll come, don't worry!" She told him, biting back her real answer.

*******

"Blossom!" Ethan exclaimed. "Oh thank god you're awake."

"How long was I asleep?" She rubbed her head.

"A day, I was really worried." He said.

"I-I remembered everything," She told him.

"You did? That's great!" He exclaimed. "So like everything even the pl-" Blossom cut him off. She pushed upwards and kissed him, in that moment things seemed at peace. Blossom did know, however, that the peace would leave soon.