The Lovely Sensation: 5

Chapter 5

Once i hit the stores, that gold titanium card was my escape. I went to shopping and the more i shopped, the more concentrated i was on every single item i desired. I went from Converse to Victoria's Secret then to Forever 21.

In my eyes, my bags felt pretty damn light although I got everything I intended to get with my budget. Without even thinking about my mother's words that were given on the note earlier that day, I walked into some random store.

The beauty and the designing on the skirts and crop-tops made me want to reconsider my major. I feel in love instantly. I had my eye on one specifically. The crop-top was hot pink with a cut off in the shoulders and a V line that exposed a bit of cleavage (picture above). The skirt was about a inch above the knee. It had a coat of black, almost diamond size for each of the pretty squares and of course the base was hot pink like the top above on the manicane.

The manager of the store noticed how interested I was in her clothing. Within second she walks over. I was so drifted into my own world fantasizing that I didnt notice her standing beside me. "You've got an good eye" she said, startling me in the process. "Excuse me" I say as I come back to reality.

She looked at me once more and lifted her chin towards the outfit without taking an eye off of me. "Oh yeah" thanks. I say still a little shaky. She noticed I wasn't as upfront and talkative like the rest of her customers who come in her store gauking for the right clothing. Less then twenty seconds, she went from being a successful business woman wanting to sell her merchandise to a concealing human being.

"My dear what troubles you?" She asks looking quite concerned. I looked at her as if she was crazy. Yes, im a little vulnerable at the moment but that doesn't mean im friendly. "Nothing, im fine." I reply. No, no, no somethings definitely up. You've been standing here for quite some time and it looks to me like someone just ripped your heart out of your chest and you're trying your best not to let it faze you.

I dont know how, but this woman was reading me like a book. I was a little intimidated by this but said nothing. I was not about to reveal my life story to a complete stranger. Naw, Tiffany dont get down like that. Soo, she continued. What is it? I kept quiet and she sighed after about five seconds and no success.

Hmm, let me guess. You love this outfit but have little money to pay for it? A blank expression continued on my face. Family trouble? She asked. Same outcome. Boyfriend trouble? I looked up at her then back to the manicane. I guess this was a dead giveaway because she smiled and slightly said, "Dont worry about it. After im done with you, he'll wish apone a star that whatever he did could've be reversed.

With those words she smiled and grabbed me by the arm. She turned around more excited then i've ever seen. Wanting me to follow her lead, she began walking towards the opposite direction. She was yanked back when she realized that my feet were planted infront of the manicane. She looked at the manicane and said without hesitation, "Dont worry, I'll have the cashier retrieve you that exact outfit". And for what it's worth. Its on the house. You may do what you please with it.

She took me to the back in which everything out on the manicanes and more was placed. She grabbed a few dresses, some skirts and matching tops. Then she went and got me several different pairs of stiletto heels that looked about 8-inches. Without a doubt she had me try things on left and right. It was like I was her personal baby doll and she was playing dress up. Once we were finished with the dresses, she went to leggings and jeans.

I tried on at least three dozen outfits. Most likely more than that. She had a good taste herself. During this whole search she informed me that she had been in the business for about ten years and she just had her 32nd birthday. Meaning she's been doing this since she was twenty-two years of age. This caused her to know exactly what a person is looking for the instant they walk in her store and eyes a piece of her work. This also causes her to notice when ones eye for fashion happens to be fluctuated.

Out of thirty-six outfits, i walked out with twenty-three and a buisness card. "Whenever you're ready for the fashion lifestyle give me a call" she said as I walked out of the store.

My bags were beyond heavy at this point and I decided to call it a day. I've been in the mall for over three hours anyway so that was plenty of time to get what I needed and head out. I put my bags in my trunk, got in my car, secured my seat belt and drove off.