Chapter 14: Young Dumb and Rich

After some time in Patal City, Jon Bane and Rica finally arrived in Gadon City.

"Aaahhh! Finally we're here in Gadon City. Patal City pushes me to my limit. I'm in desperate need of a good rest at home. Those negators are a pain in the ass. I wonder why they're helping those gangsters," Rica muttered as she lay down in the middle of the road.

Jon Bane wasn't even listening to her. He's just looking at a golden card in his hand. Rica saw this as she stood up and asked, "They gave Febrero a silver card for winning the annual martial arts tournament, but the mayor gave you that card for saving their city; what's the difference between the two?"

"He said this is better than the silver card; to pay for something, I just need to show this; I can also use this in any MAOP establishment, just like what we did in the MAOP museum; I just showed this card and asked them to give us the golden knuckle duster, and they did not even hesitate to give it to us after seeing this card," Jon Bane explained.

"OK, I don't think you'll need money because you already have that card; anyway, I need to go home now and tell my dad that some people from the mountains are already mingling with the people in the cities," Rica replied as she looked exhausted.

"You can go; I can handle this city on my own now; you don't need to accompany me anymore in finding Mr. Nabi; you should go home and rest," Jon Bane stated, looking around at the streets and buildings.

"Okay, if you say so," Rica replied.

After saying goodbye to Jon Bane, they parted ways. Rica was going to meet with her parents, while Jon Bane was on his way to do Elder Chou's favor.

After several minutes of exploring and walking along the streets of the city, Jon Bane noticed a girl who was being forcefully dragged by three men wearing black suits. He observed that the girl was drunk.

"Hey! Can you all move? You're blocking my way!" He uttered arrogantly to the group of men.

The men glanced at him and grew irritated at how the mysterious man interfered with their business. One of them attempted to hit Jon Bane, but he effortlessly avoided it. Jon Bane reacted in an instant, easily beating their asses.

They rushed and ran away from him, sensing he was extraordinary.

After a few minutes, a female emerged from a bar and discovered her friend laying on the road. "Yumeko, why are you laying down here? I was just talking to a friend, and now you're here. Was the drink you ordered that strong?"

She assisted Yumeko in getting up from the ground when she noticed a man watching them. "And who the hell are you? Don't do anything to us or else I'll call the police right away."

Yumeko apprehended her friend. "Hannah, don't worry; he saved me earlier when a group of men tried to drag me along with them."

When Jon Bane heard this, he scoffed. "I wasn't trying to save you; you were just in my way, and I needed to get through, but those men tried to hurt me, so I did what I had to do."

While staring at the bar where Hannah came out, Jon Bane remembered something from Patal City about restrictions on entering the said establishment. He took a close look at Hannah and Yumeko before saying, "You guys look underage; you're not allowed in a club, right?"

Hannah frowned at him. "We're both 18, for your information, and we came here to celebrate because my girl here won a lot of money when we played at the casino earlier," she added.

Hannah noticed that Yumeko was getting heavier as she slowly lost consciousness. Seeing this, Jon Bane checked her up and said, "I guess that her drink has been roofied, but don't worry, your friend is okay and is fast asleep. She's going to be fine; just let her rest."

Hannah nodded and politely asked him to hold her friend for a minute while she was making a phone call.

After a few minutes, a black limousine stopped in front of them. Hannah opened the rear door and let Jon Bane bring Yumeko inside the car.

Hannah thanked him before getting in the car. "I just wanted to say thank you for saving my friend even though you don't intend to help her; here is Yumeko's phone number; call her when you need something."

Since it is already late at night, Jon Bane decided to find a nice place to sleep. After wondering for a couple of minutes around the place, he saw a nice hotel. As he was at the front desk of the hotel, he remembered what the mayor of the previous city gave him.

Jon Bane pulled out a golden card from his pocket and handed it to the receptionists. After checking the legitimacy of the card, the head receptionist immediately called some hotel staff to assist Jon Bane in one of the most expensive rooms of the hotel.

Seeing the swift reaction from their head, the other receptionist on her left inquired, "Why did we give him one of our most expensive rooms? What's special about the card that he showed you?"

"That's a very rare card from MAOP (Martial Arts Association of Ophir); he may have done something extraordinary for the association, which is why they gave him a golden card," the head receptionist replied.

"How about the silver MAOP card? My uncle is one of Mr. Nabi of Nabi Corporation's bodyguards, and he saw him using a card like that to buy a black limousine for her daughter's 18th birthday last week," the receptionist on her right asked.

"Exactly 10 years ago, Mr. Nabi became a champion of a martial arts tournament under the supervision of MAOP, and the champion will get a silver card as a prize. That silver card can be used anywhere to buy something, but there is actually a limit; as far as I know, the limit cap is 5 million dollars a year. The tournament is being held every year, and mostly the prize is just a large amount of money, roughly 10 million dollars, but every 5 years, a silver card is given instead of money." The head receptionist narrated.

"If the silver card has a limit of $5 million per year, how about the golden card?" one of the receptionists inquired once more.

"If you have that card, you have unlimited access to everything here in Ophir," the head receptionist explained.