Chapter 15: Hannah Nabi

After orienting and escorting Jon Bane to his room, the hotel staff gave him his room amenities and advised him that if he needed anything, he just needed to touch the blue button beside his room's doorway.

Two staff workers remained outside Jon Bane's room, while the remainder returned to the lower floor to help other clients.

Inside the room, Jon Bane went straight to the bathroom to wash his face before going to bed. When he looked in the mirror, he noticed a little cut on his left cheek.

"Those guys manage to hit me. Does my tokugi detect their attack as a soft attack? That's why it's not working on them. No! It can't be. Kicks, punches, knife swinging-all of it are forceful; my tokugi should easily detect it."

He went to the bed and lay down shortly after washing his hands. He's still wondering how the men got a minor cut on him. He dozed off after a few minutes of ruminating about what had transpired earlier.

At 6 a.m. When he awoke in the morning, he looked in his backpack and saw the herb that Elder Chou had instructed him to deliver. He has no idea where he can find Mr.Nabi because this is his initial visit in Gadon City, which is a large city. He suddenly remembered the two girls from the night before; one of them gave him a calling card and advised him to contact the number on it if he needed anything. Jon Bane doesn't even have a phone, so he's trying to figure out how to contact those girls. Even if he does have it, he has no idea how to use it.

"Perhaps these hotel staff can assist me," Jon Bane whispered as he pressed the blue button beside his room's doorknob.

After a few seconds, several hotel personnel entered his room and inquired as to what he needed.

"I have this calling card, but I don't have a mobile phone; could you guys call this number for me and ask her to meet me at the hotel's entrance?" Jon Bane said.

One of the hotel employees dialed the number on the calling card using his personal phone. Yumeko is still sleeping at this point, so she can't answer the phone call.

The hotel personnel dialed it again, and finally, someone answered, but it was not Yumeko.

"Hello, this is Yumeko's friend; why are you calling her?" A demanding voice answered the phone.

"Aahhmm, hello ma'am, sorry for calling so early in the morning. I'm one of the hotel staff here at Hotel California. We just have a guest right now who has your friend's calling card, and he asked us to call it for him." Hearing an upset voice on the other end of the line, the hotel staff quickly apologized for calling so early.

"Can you give the phone to that person? Let me talk to him," the female on the other end of the call demanded.

The hotel employees handed the phone to Jon Bane and informed him that the female on the other end of the line wanted to speak with him.

"This is Jon Bane, the guy that you encountered yesterday. You gave me this calling card and told me that if I need something, all I need to do is call it," Jon Bane explained.

"Oh, it's you; Yumeko is still sleeping right now. This is Hannah, her friend. If you need anything, we can talk about it in person. I'm a bit busy right now; I'll fetch you later after an hour. Just wait for me outside the hotel entrance." Hannah seemed to be doing something, so she hung up without hearing Jon Bane's reply.

After an hour of waiting, Hannah finally arrived. She noticed Jon Bane waiting outside the hotel. She rolled down her window and motioned for Jon Bane to get inside.

While inside the car, Jon Bane is about to tell Hannah what he needs, but she cuts him off and said, "I haven't eaten breakfast yet, so let's talk about your concern while eating breakfast."

After a few minutes of driving, they arrived at a Hawaiian restaurant. Some of the service staff directed them to a vacant seat and handed them the menu.

Hannah ordered meals for both of them, and their food arrived 15 minutes later. Seeing Jon Bane, she assumes that he is new to Gadon City and anticipates a concern about the city.

Hannah enquired of Jon Bane while eating. "So, why did you call?" "Do you have any concerns about this city?"

Jon Bane took the herb out of his backpack and showed it to Hannah.

"This is a herb that I need to deliver to Mr. Nabi of Nabi Corporation; since you live here, I just want you to assist me in finding him," Jon Bane stated.

Hannah was surprised to hear this, but she attempted to suppress it because, aside from knowing the person, the person Jon Bane is seeking for is, in fact, his father.

She only told Jon Bane that she knew who that person was, but not that Mr.Nabi was her father.

She wanted to be sure Jon Bane was someone they could trust because this was only her second encounter with him. In the back of her mind, she wondered, "What if this guy is an assassin sent to kill my father?"

While thinking if she's going to let Jon Bane meet her father, a sudden earthquake happened. Some individuals in the restaurant panicked and sought refuge under the tables. Hannah remained seated, but a troubled expression is visible on her face. When she stared at Jon Bane, she noticed that he was as peaceful as the sea.

The earthquake ended after a few seconds, and Jon Bane asked Hannah again.

"If you know Mr. Nabi, can you help me find him?" Jon Bane inquired.

Mr. Nabi has recently received a number of death threats. Other businesses are collapsing as a result of Nabi Corporation's excessive expansion in all fields. People in the city prefer Nabi Corporation's goods and services above those of its competitors.

Hannah wanted to keep an eye on Jon Bane for a few days before handing him over to his father.

"By the way, do you know how to play poker?" Hannah inquired of Jon Bane.

Hannah is shifting the subject, but Jon Bane still managed to keep the conversation focused on his goal: What is that? Is that a game? Does playing it help me find Mr. Nabi?"

"Actually, if you accept my favor, I will assist you in locating Mr. Nabi, In this city, I have a lot of connections." Hannah stated confidently.

"It's fairly easy for me to find someone." She added.

"And what is that favor?" Jon Bane inquired.