Chapter 5: Fatidica Mountain

In the morning, when Jon Bane was already awake, he went outside of his cottage and saw Cora and her mother talking to the looters of the Tubalcain Clan. He saw that Cora's mother gave them the herb that they needed.

After a few minutes, Rica came out of her cottage. Seeing the two, Cora's mother asked them to eat breakfast first before they continued their journey. Together with the looters of Tubalcain, Cora's mother prepared a feast for them.

As they were about to leave the place after thanking God for the bountiful feast they devoured, Elder Lun suddenly appeared and talked to Jon Bane. "Jon Bane, it was necessary for you to know that during the supposedly second clan war, your parents died here as they were protecting this citadel. I would like to apologize for not being able to help them when they needed it the most. I know that whatever excuse I might have won't change the fact that your parents helplessly died on our turf. I am deeply sorry."

Jon Bane did not show any emotions at this point. "You don't have to say sorry because as warriors, that's part of their duty. However, it is not true that they died because you weren't able to help them. They died because they're weak and their enemies are stronger than them. They didn't value the importance of hand-to-hand combat but instead relied too much on their special skills. Don't blame yourself for their weakness."

Everybody was stunned at what Jon Bane said to his parents. It's as if an angel passed by for a moment; no one dared to make even the tiniest noise.

Jon Bane shrugged his shoulders and looked at Rica. "Rica, let's go; we need to leave now."

The lady was still in shock, but when she finally found her voice, she nodded and replied to what Jon Bane said to her. "Okay, let's go."

As they started to walk towards the boundary of Warwick Mountain, the looters followed their tracks. When they finally reached the boundary, they found two different paths. Rica and Jon Bane are both confused about which way to go, whether to the left or to the right.

When the looters caught up to them, one of them asked the two, "Why did you guys stop?"

Rica and Jon Bane made way for the looters. "So which way should we go? Left or right?" asked Rica.

"Well, if you're planning to go to our clan, turn left, and if you guys intend to go to Fatidica, then take the right way. Either way, the both of you will still reach the city because the mountains of the two clans are connected to Estes Mountain," one of the looters answered.

Jon Bane analyzed the situation and decided to take the right path to meet the seers of the Fatidica Clan. They parted ways with the looters, and after three grueling hours of non-stop walking, they finally arrived at the boundary of Fatidica Mountain. Unlike Warwick Mountain, they do not have patrolmen within their boundaries.

After two hours of going up the hill, they saw a few people conversing with one another. However, it seems like they're not from Fatidica; they're the rich people from the city.

"I can't fathom what they're trying to say; it seems like it's just an allegory," one of them said.

Rica politely greeted the people when they got near them. They looked at Rica curiously.

"Excuse me, sir, where can we find the seers of the Fatidica Clan?" Rica asked.

"Just go straight that way; when you're in the middle of the Balete trees, you can find a small gap. Go into that, and you'll end up in their citadel," one of the rich men replied.

Rica replied with a small thank you, and they went to search for the tiny gap. After a few minutes of searching, they entered that gap, and instantly, Rica got mesmerized.

It's like a village covered with Balete trees. There's a large castle in the middle, and it is surrounded by several mini houses.

They saw some people lurking around; however, their dresses were different from those of the natives of the clan. They recognized that those were the rich people from the city.

Jon Bane and Rica walked towards the large castle. Suddenly, someone bumped into Rica because she wasn't looking where she was going.

"How dare you bump yourself into mine? Do you not know who I am? I am John Uppie Adolfo, owner of the Sogot Gulaman Hotel, which is the most luxurious hotel in Patal City." The rich man gloatingly introduced himself.

"I'm sorry, I did not see-" Rica wanted to explain.

However, Mr. Adolfo waved his hand in disgust and shouted at her. "Look at what you've done to my Americana, you filthy bitch. This one costs me 1000 USD, and by the looks of you, I'm pretty sure you can't afford any of this kind."

Rica became enraged at the insult that Mr. Adolfo threw at her. She was about to slap him when a guy beside Mr. Adolfo blocked her attempt.

"How dare you try to hurt me? You are pretty much running after death, aren't you?" Mr. Adolfo tapped his bodyguard's shoulder, signaling him to beat the shit out of the woman.

Seeing the turn of events, Jon Bane went in between Rica and Mr. Adolfo's bodyguard.

"Um, Mr. Adolfo, may we ask you where we can find the elder of this clan?" Jon Bane calmly asked the rich man.

However, to Mr. Adolfo, it seems like Jon Bane was mocking him. He ignored Jon Bane's question and signaled his bodyguard to beat him up too.

His bodyguard started to throw punches in the air when it seemed like Jon Bane wasn't even breaking a sweat over dodging the punches.

"Why don't you fight back? You coward!" Mr. Adolfo's bodyguard was irritated at how the man wasn't returning his punches in an attempt to hurt him.

"I wouldn't dare to fight back; there's a huge possibility that you'll die," Jon Bane replied, to which the bodyguard just scoffed.

"You're just all talk; c'mon and fight me, dickhead!"

The bodyguard launched an attack on Jon Bane's throat, but Jon Bane avoided it and did a counterattack on the man's heart. The guy partially blocked it, which made Jon Bane's attack slide down to his abdomen.

But it still leaves Mr. Adolfo's bodyguard grimacing in pain and spluttering with blood.