Chapter 23: Flint Beastwood

'Knock knock'

One of the service crew members of the restaurant knocked on the door. Giovan opened it, and they all looked as the service crew entered the room with their food.

As they turned their eyes back to Sidharta, who was not there anymore, Mr. Nabi asked the service crew and said, "Have you seen the person sitting beside me?"

Ever since they entered the restaurant, it has always been just the three of them, and the service crew has not seen anyone else enter the room either.

The service crew looked confused and said, "Sir, it's just the three of you; no one has entered the room since you came inside this room."

The three of them looked very shocked because they were so sure that someone had entered the room and talked to them.

"Ahhm, haha, that's a joke, haha. Anyway, thank you; you can leave now," Mr. Nabi said as he smiled awkwardly.

"Okay, sir." The service crew replied with a fake smile on his face.

The service crew started putting all of the food on the table. Before he left the room, he bowed down a little and said, "Sir, if you still need something, you can just press that blue button beside the doorknob. Enjoy your food, sir."

After the service crew had left, Mr. Nabi looked at Giovan and Kern with a confused face.

"Where is he? Did you guys see him leave the room?" Mr. Nabi asked Giovan and Kern.

"I'm looking at the service crew as he enters the room, and when I put my eyes back to Sidhartha, he's not there anymore," Giovan answered.

"Same with me," Kern Kettle added.

"Come to think of it, if he really is a god, why did he show himself to us? There should be a reason, right?" curiously said Mr. Nabi.

"Humn, yeah, he will not just barge in without any reason," Giovan added.

"I guess we'll just wait for him to show himself again and ask him," Kern Kettle commented.

While thinking about the purpose of Sidhartha, a symphony of savory aromas enveloped them as they gazed upon a table laden with an exquisite feast.

A platter of steaming, buttery lobster tails adorned with lemon wedges took center stage, drawing Giovan and Kern Kettle's hungry eyes.

Seeing this, Mr. Nabi signaled them to eat. And for Mr. Nabi, he just took a little amount because he is still full from the breakfast that he ate before leaving his house.

As for Giovan and Kern Kettle, they looked very hungry as they started devouring the food on the table.

Giovan deftly cracked open the shell of the lobster in the middle of the table, revealing succulent, tender meat that practically melted in his mouth. Kern, on the other hand, savored each bite of a perfectly seared filet mignon, its juices pooling around the edges of his plate.

A colorful array of side dishes surrounded them, tempting their taste buds. Roasted asparagus spears were lightly seasoned, offering a satisfying crunch with every bite. Creamy mashed potatoes, whipped to perfection, sat in a buttery mound beside a bowl of truffle-infused macaroni and cheese.

Giovan and Kern, lost in their own world of exquisite flavors, exchanged satisfied smiles, savoring every moment of this delightful feast.

After they were all done eating, Mr. Nabi sipped a wine from his glass and then said, "Alright, this is the plan; you guys will be watching them from afar, and for me, I will be watching them from up close."

"Alright, let's do that; just give us a high place to make it easy for me to watch over him from any part of this city," Giovan answered.

Hearing this, Mr. Nabi brought out a map of Gadon City and pointed one of his fingers to one of the establishments and said, "This building is one of the tallest buildings here in Gadon City; Nabi Corporation owns this one; you can stay on the topmost floor of this building."

Giovan just nodded and added, "Can you also give us binoculars? Because I cannot watch over him 24/7, I need to sleep and rest from time to time. In those hours that I'm resting, Kern will be the one to watch over him; he needs binoculars to keep an eye on him, especially from afar."

"Yeah, it's fine; we will get it later after this meeting," Mr. Nabi answered.

Ever since they came here, Giovan and Kern have been amazed at how different the clothes are from the mountains and this city, even the food cuisine. Seeing how wealthy Mr. Nabi is in this city, he thought to himself that this wealthy man could actually give them anything they wanted, so he smiled a little and said, "Since we need to stay here for an unmeasurable amount of time, we will also be in need of some new clothes and foods from this city."

"Don't worry about anything; everything that you need will be provided to you; all you need to do is focus on your mission," Mr.Nabi reassured them.

Giovan just nodded and said, "One last thing, the Tubalcain clan is making a special weapon for me; it is a lot better than a normal sniper rifle here in the city. They said it will be done tomorrow morning."

"Okay, I'll ask some of my personnel to get it for you," Mr. Nabi said.

"Okay, thank you." Giovan thanked him.

Hearing this, Kern realized something and suddenly butted in and said, "People in the cities are only allowed to enter Fatadica Mountain, right?"

"Humn, yes, but once they are already inside the Fatadica clan, they can just ask some of the members of the Fatadica clan to get it for them; besides, the personnel that I will be sending to get it are already familiar faces to them," Mr. Nabi explained.

"Anymore requests?" Mr. Nabi added.

"That's all for now," Giovan answered.

"Alright, let's go. I'll accompany you guys to the place that you will be staying in," Mr. Nabi said as he got up and walked towards the door.

Giovan and Kern just nodded and followed him. They all went inside Mr. Nabi's car. After a couple of minutes, they finally arrived at the place that Mr. Nabi was talking about. It was a very tall building with more or less one hundred floors, as it was towering above nearby structures.

Mr. Nabi parked his car in front of the said building. Little did he know that there was a sniper from the top of a nearby building waiting for him to get out of his car. As they stepped out of his vehicle, a single shot pierced the calm. A sniper's bullet found its mark, striking Mr. Nabi in the chest. The world seemed to slow down as he crumpled to the ground, clutching his chest in shock and pain.

Mr. Nabi looked at Giovan and murmured, "Four o'clock!, 13th floor."

Giovan immediately brought out his bow, turned his back, and fired an arrow at the said location.