Chapter 3: The first Clan War

While listening to Rica speak, he noticed that they were going to give a herb to Mr. Nabi. He said with a smile. "Mr. Nabi in Gadon City is a member of our clan, and he used to live here in Warwick Mountain. Our clan is known as the clan of seekers, and we can track the enemy's movement using our olfactory sense."

"Warwick Clan?" Rica exclaimed, "I think I remember it now, my grandfather used to tell me about your clan, and you were the ones who helped the Bolo Clan in the previous two wars."

"Yes, that's correct, we assisted the Bolo Clan during those wars, along with the healers' clan, the Estes Clan," Elder Lun said.

"Okay, that was pretty cool, the union of the unpredictable powers of Bolo Clan warriors, seekers, and healers? That was dope. Hmm, so that's why you guys won the first war?" Rica exclaimed to Elder Lun.

"What's the point of war when we can always choose to live in peace?" one of the Warwick Clan disciples mumbled, but it wasn't quiet enough because Elder Lun overheard her.

"Cora Strygwyr, I heard you," he said as he turned to face this audacious disciple.

Cora trembled in response to Elder Lun's admonition and dropped her head lowly, pleading for the elder's pardon. "I apologize for being disrespectful, Elder; may you forgive me."

In answer, the Elder nodded and requested the disciple to straighten up. "Well, the first war happened because of a group of men called 'Kami Koroshi', I don't know much about them, but all I know is that their leader can absorb the special skills of the person he just slain. For example, if he kills Cora, he will obtain the skill of being a seeker. From what I've heard, he killed some of the members of the other clans in order to absorb their skills and power."

"Because Elder Chou is their sensei," Cora said quickly, her gaze fixed on Rica and Jon Bane. "Technically, their clan is to blame for the disruption of peace in this land."

hearing Cora's comment Elder Lun quickly responds "Well yes they came from the Bolo Clan but that does not signify that all of the people residing in that clan are evil. As a matter of fact, the moment Elder Chou heard about what those men were doing, he asked Mrs. Bane to seal the tokugi of all the members of Kami Koroshi, sealing it for ten years. He also dismissed them as a member of the clan and exiled them in a far away place. However, the neighboring clans were not contented about it and thinks that Elder Chou was protecting them since he did not kill them. As a result, eight out of the thirteen clans united and declared a war against them. While our clan and the Estes decided to reinforce and help the Bolo because we think that the fault of a few men should not reflect the whole clan. Tubalcain clan and Fatidica clan did not participate in the war."

"Elder, the first war ensued 28 years ago, right? Since you're already 45 years old, it means that you were just 17 at that time when you took part in the war?" Cora asked Elder Lun.

Elder Lun cleared his throat and swallowed, as if to hydrate himself from all the talking that he was doing. "I really wanted to join at that time but my father didn't allow me. According to him, I must be protected because I am next in line in inheriting the Elder position of our clan. He was the one who went and helped the Bolo Clan, I just stayed here in our citadel. Our clan is a great help to Bolo because our members can easily track the location where most of the enemies were coming from. From here, I saw Mr. Bane summoned a lot of muddy walls to delay the enemies in reaching the land of bolo. He became famous after the first clan war because of those walls. A lot of people called those walls 'The Great Walls of Bane'. Well summoning those walls takes up a lot of stamina but the Estes members were there to replenish the stamina he had lost. Everything was going on smoothly, however there were the werewolves of the Roger Clan. They are extremely fast and sneaky, especially during the night. It was sad to say that they managed to murder a lot of healers and seekers despite the fact that the Bolo warriors are protecting them. Nevertheless, the warriors are still at an advantageous point since they are inside the Bolo territory. For the aerial enemies like the Mulawins from Kaja Clan, Elder Chou handled them pretty well. Elder Chou's punches have the ability to create a shockwave. I also saw a large bomb created by the Techies Clan. Together with those mulawins they drop it from the sky, above the bolo mountain. With that kind of bomb, I'm pretty sure it can remove the whole bolo mountain from the map. I'm still having goosebumps until now just remembering that large bomb. They were ruthless and did not care with the probability that they will be also losing men from the bomb they released.They just want to annihilate the whole bolo clan. Nonetheless, Elder Chou saw the bomb approaching the mountain so he charged his fist for a moment before throwing a powerful punch up in the air. It creates a powerful shock wave. The members of the Techies and the Mulawins who were in charge of dropping the bomb above the Bolo Mountain got vaporized together with the bomb due to Elder Chou's punch. Enemy clans see how effective the tactics that the Bolo, Estes, and our clan were using, it seems that, for Bolo 'Winning the war is inevitable'. Therefore, the enemies decided to retreat and that's the end of the first clan war."