Chapter 21 : Mission Impossible

"You can actually sleep inside my house; we have a lot of vacant rooms upstairs," Mr. Nabi signaled one of the maids to accompany Jon Bane.

While the maid was escorting Jon Bane to the second floor, Yumeko bumped into them and asked, "What happened to him? He seemed a bit dizzy."

"He said he's a bit sleepy, so Mr. Nabi offered one of the rooms upstairs for him to sleep in," the maid answered.

Yumeko and Hannah are done preparing for school. As they were going outside the house, Mr. Nabi saw them and said, "Hannah, we haven't talked yet. I'll talk to both of you when you come back. Don't go anywhere after school; go straight here."

Hannah just nodded and went inside the car with Yumeko as they left the house.

After seeing that both of them had left already, Mr. Nabi immediately went upstairs and asked the maids about Yumeko's dress, which had a blood stain on it.

One of them narrated that Yumeko accidentally punched Jon Bane on the nose, making it bleed. She then used her dress to wipe it out.

Knowing this, Mr. Nabi nodded and said, "Alright, thank you; you can all go back to work."

"So my suspicion is actually right; waking the succubus in her is just around the corner," Mr. Nabi murmured to himself.

Mr. Nabi's suspicion came right after he saw Yumeko sniffing the blood stain on her dress. It is not just a simple sniff, but from the looks of Yumeko, she really liked the smell of the blood on it.

For the Akasha clan member, if it is the first time they transform into their succubus form, they always go berserk. Mr. Nabi wanted Jon Bane to be with her when it happened so that someone could restrain her until she calmed down. But the question is, can he really restrain a berserking succubus?

Mr. Nabi checked Jon Bane, and he saw that he was fast asleep. He then picked up his smartphone and called someone.

"Wait for me at the NASI restaurant; I'll be there in a couple of minutes." Mr. Nabi hung up immediately after saying this.

He went to his car and drove straight to the destination. Outside the restaurant, he saw two men waiting for him.

After parking his car, he immediately talked to them. "Let's get inside; for sure, you guys haven't eaten yet."

Inside the restaurant, Mr. Nabi asked one of the service crew members to give them a private room to eat, and he also told him to serve menu #2.

In the room, the two were sitting beside each other, and on the other side of the table was Mr. Nabi.

"Based on my data here, your name is Giovan with a tokugi that revolves around being a sniper, and you, your name is Kern Kettle. It says here that your tokugi is still unknown; the only thing written here is your fukusayo (side effect), which is you can't sleep." Mr. Nabi said this while reading a file from his phone.

"Uhhm, that is actually correct. I really thought I was a worthless member of my clan since I still don't know what my tokugi is, but guess what? The fukusayo is really good at this kind of mission, which is observing someone 24/7," Kern kettle commented.

"So what's the exact details of your mission?" Mr. Nabi asked them.

"It's about a prophecy, and we need to react depending on what will happen first," Giovan answered.

"I was there yesterday, and I already know that prophecy. What I want to know is what you will do if it happens." Mr. Nabi seemed very curious about the details of the mission.

"If one of them kills the other, we also need to kill that person," Giovan gloomily said.

Hearing this, Mr. Nabi became serious and said optimistically, "So if no one will kill someone, there's no need for you guys to do your mission, and right now, I'm telling you, none of them will kill the other. I already have a plan in mind."

"Humn, because of my tokugi, I can easily kill anyone from a distance. I'm the most capable of doing this mission, even though I really don't want to do it. Killing my senior is really hard for me. So if there's a chance that I don't need to kill him, I will always take that chance. So what's your plan? I want to hear it!" Giovan seemed to want to find other ways to fulfill their mission without killing his senior.

"Alright, but before that, what makes you so sure that Yumeko is the naosu of Jon Bane?" Mr. Nabi wanted to make sure first before telling them his plan.

"We've been watching our senior ever since he left our clan, the first time they met, our senior accidentally crossed path with Yumeko outside of a bar, some men are dragging her. Our senior helped her as he fought against those men. Those men able to put a small cut on his face, and that is very unusual for him to get hit with a simple knife attack like that. Since theres a lot of people in front of him I am not sure which one of them could be his naosu. But when the time that Yumeko is teaching our senior about a card game, she punched him on the face and it hits him directly on his nose. That time I'm already speculating that it's either the whole land of Gadon city is his naosu or it can also be just Yumeko. The last thing that made me decide that Yumeko is really his naosu is when we arrived here in Gadon city early this morning. Our senior is in front of a police station, I bribed a kid that I will give him money if he throw a rock to him, I also told the kid to run as fast as he could after doing it. I made that experiement to check if gadon city is his naosu, but his body easily evaded the rock. So by that I am pretty sure that the land of gadon city is not his naosu but specifically Yumeko" Narrated by Giovan.

Mr. Nabi just nodded and said, "Alright, this is my plan; we are going to make them as close as possible; if we can make them more than just friends, the better."

Hearing this, both Giovan and Kern Kettle are stunned for a couple of seconds.

"What's wrong? You both don't like my plan?" Seeing both of them speechless, Mr. Nabi commented.

"No, sir, I actually liked it, but Jon Bane doesn't have emotions, so how can we make it work?" Giovan asked.

"If you are right in your suspicion that Yumeko is his naosu, then if Yumeko is around, his tokugi will not take effect together with the fukusayo, making him a normal human being with emotions like us," Mr. Nabi explained.

Giovan nodded and said, "I think we can try that; if they become so close and form bonds with each other, even if he realizes that Yumeko is his naosu, maybe, just maybe, he will not kill her."

"Let's say they really develop bonds with each other, but what if Jon Bane still kills her?" Kern Kettle suddenly butted in.

"Then, even if we don't like it, we need to proceed with our mission, which is to kill him if he kills Yumeko," Giovan gloomily replied.