Chapter Eighteen

Lhazar - Year 300 - Burned Village

The Dothraki had been pillaging, burning, killing, and raping since they had left Vaes Dothrak, and Dany still did not understand why.

"What did they do?" She asked miserably as they walked the streets of the destoyed village, as the women who were still alive were being raped and then men were beaten and killed, or beaten and made into slaves.

"Lamb men make good slaves. Khal Drogo will make a gift of them to the slavers. And the slavers will give us gold... and silk and steel."

"I thought the Dothraki didn't believe in money."

"Gold to hire ships, Princess. Ships to sail to Westeros." Dany looked at the ground guiltily, knowing that the people around her were suffering because of her selfish wish to go home. After a few moments, they reached a larger group of Lhazareen, who were either being raped, or being forced to watch their neighboors, lovers, friends, family get raped.

"Make them stop."

"Khaleesi?"

"You heard me."

"These men have shed blood for their Khal. Now they claim their rewards." Rakharo nodded as he looked over at the girl Dany was focused on.

"She is a lamb girl Khaleesi. The riders do her honor. If her wailing offends the Khaleesi, I will bring you her tongue."

"Princess, you have a gentle heart, but this is how it's always been."

"I do not have a gentle heart, Ser. Do as I command or Khal Drogo will know the reason why." Rakharo and Jorah both nod before running over to the men and telling them to stop, causing the Dothraki who were over there to become very angry, and turn to her with hate in their eyes. But Dnay didn't care, she had saved those other people.

"Come." Jorah said as he walked back over to her, being followed by the Lhazareen women who were left, and Rakharo who was making sure they followed.

"Anha afichak mae m'arakhoon!" One of the Dothraki cursed at her as they began to walk away, causing Dnay to flinch but she did not look back.

"What do you want done with them."

"Bring her to men. And those women there."

"You cannot claim them all, Princess."

"I can, and I will." After all of the women had joined her, Dany continued her walk to Drogo's tent, where Mago, one of the riders in their Khalesar was yelling about what had happened.

"Me Fati! Khaleesi vazha anhaan qorasokh anni, ch'anna afichak mae m'arakhoon anni!"

"Me vastoe hatif anni; ahhazaan yer Nemo vacchaki. Moon of my life. Mago says you have taken his spoils. A daughter of a lamb men, who was his to mount. Tell me the truth of this." Drogo said calmly from his seat as he looked over at Dany when she entered with her gaggle of women.

"Mago speaks the truth, my sun and stars. i have claimed many daughters this day, so they cannot be mounted."

"This is the way of war. These women are slaves now to do with as we please."

"It pleases me to keep them safe. If your riders would mount them, let them take them for wives." Qotho, one of Drogo's blood-riders, who was stading by his side, scoffed with annoyance as he interjected his opinion.

"Does the horse mate with the lamb?"

"The dragon feeds on horse and lamb alike." Dany snapped at the man, becoming frustrated with the conversation. Mago tried to jump back in, as he glared at his Khaleesi.

"You are a foreigner. You do not command me."

"I am Khaleesi. I do command you." Drogo let out a roar of laughter as he readjusted himself in his chair, looking at his little wife proudly.

"See how fierce she grows? That is my son inside her, the stallion that will mount the world. Filling her with his fire. I will hear no more. Mago, find somewhere else to stick your cock." Mago spat on the ground at Drogo's feet and drew his sword in anger.

"A Khal who takes orders from a foreign whore is no Khal." Qotho began to move forward, to defend his Khal, when Drogo put a hand out and shook his head, he then rose from his head, towering over Mago, Dany could not help but think that the Dothraki boy had no chance. He didn't even have a braid.

"I will not have your body burned. I will not give you that honor." Mago glared and pushed his sword against Drogo's chest, creating a large gash in his pectoral that Dany was sure would scar, but Drogo grinned and rolled his shoulder, causing the sword to pierce him more, before he continued talking.

"The beetles will feed on your eyes. The worms will crawl through your lungs." Mago swung his sword at Drogo, but he gracefully ducked under it, and, while Mago was trying to regain his balance, Drogo allowed his back to face him while he pulled both of his daggers out and dropped them to the floor.

"The rain will fall on your rotting skin..." He turned around to face Mago, who had finally turned to look at the Khal, who was no longer grinning.

"Until nothing is left of your but bones!" Drogo then began to run at Mago, who repeatedly swung his sword at the large man, who all but danced around the piece of metal like he had done it a million times.

"First you have to kill me!"

"I already have." Drogo grabbed Mago's sword, wrenching it out of his grip before grabbing his throat with the other hand, and squeezing, and finally pulling Mago's tongue straight through his throat. He turned, dropping the now lifeless body to the ground, showed the tongue to the crowd that had gathered, before dropping the tongue on the pile of rotting Lhazareen bodies before returning himself to his seat. Dany, instantly running over to him as soon as Jorah let her go. She fell at his feet when she reached him, gently lifting her hand up to touch his face.

"My sun and stars is wounded."

"A scratch, moon of my life."

"Where are the healers?" Dany asked, turning to look at Qotho, the only blood-rider near them.

"This is the bite of a fly." Drogo said, waving the man away, and looking down at Dany with a hint of pain, but trying desperately to hide it from her.

"I can help the great rider with his cut." One of Dany's new women said, stepping out of the group and towards the Khal.

"The Khal needs no help from slaves who lie with sheep." Qotho said, spitting on the ground as he looked at the woman.

"She is mine, let her speak." Dany spat out at Qotho, who huffed but remained quiet.

"Thank you, silver lady."

"Who are you?" Dany asked, as the woman continued to walk forward until Qotho stopped her.

"I am named Mirri Maz Duur. I was the Godswife of the Temple."

"A witch." Qotho spat on the ground again, suddenly angry.

"My mother was Godswife here before me. She taught me how to make healing smokes and ointments. All men are of one flock, so my people believe. The Great Shepherd sent me to Earth to heal his..." She was cut off with a shap slap from Qotho, who turned to Dany in exasperation.

"Too many words. A witch's words poison the ears."

"Lamb or lion, his wound must be washed and sewn or it will fester." Dany looked at the woman for a moment, before she recognized the same glint in her eyes that she had seen in Viserys when he was angry but trying to hide it. Like when a man had offered him one ship if he could have Dany.

"Very well. Irri, go fetch a healer, tell them that their Khal is injured and his wound needs to be tended to. And have this one tied up." Dany looked up at her Khal, who was leaning back in his chair in pain, but he was giving her a soft smile, letting her know he was proud, as Mirri Maz Durr was dragged away, kicking and screaming by Rakharo and Qotho. Maybe she would have helped him... but Dany was glad she hadn't taken that chance.