Chapter 2 - The Reveal Of His Magic

Ink sighed. It had been an hour since he and Dream started hanging out and he still hadn't picked up on his hints on what the Artist Kingdom needed from Dream. Dream noticed he looked upset and asked "Is something wrong, Ink?" Ink blinked and shook his head.

"No, but... I need to tell you why I'm here." Ink replied, and Dream nodded, as though saying 'Go on'. "*sigh*... I'm here, because our Prince gave you a type of magic. The magic to defeat evil, or anything that seems evil." Dream looked a bit worried and confused. "The magic cannot hurt innocents, don't worry about that." Ink added, noticing his worry. Dream sighed in relief.

"Ok... Was this magic given to anyone else? Or only me?" Dream asked, his head tipping to the side like a curious little kid.

"It was given to someone else as well. The Prince of the Serene Kingdom." He responded. "But I came here first as that kingdom requires at least two people to visit. Plus, I need to train you." He put on a smile.

"Oooh! Ok! Well- how do we start?" Dream asked, and Ink brought them both to their feet.

"First, try to use your magic to summon a weapon. It can be any weapon you want." Ink stepped back, waiting for Dream to summon a weapon. After a few minutes of trying to focus his magic, Dream summoned a bow. The magic lining the bow was teal, as was the arrow, and Dream pulled the string back, slipped the arrow into place, and aimed at a tree.

"Do I use it like this..?" He asked quickly, and Ink gave a nod of approval. Then, Dream kept his gaze on the tree and fired, and the arrow shot at the speed of light towards the tree, faster than anyone could move.

Ink smiled. "Seems I won't have to teach you how to use the weapon properly, but how about what situations to use it in?"