CHAPTER 4

Still in Pauls POV

I think she knows that I have a crush on her...... I just hope she feels the same, thing is I was going to ask her out the night of her father's sudden death. But I had to hide my emotions for those couple of days and to be honest, I hated it.....

" Sorry I didn't think that I said that out loud......" I look at the ground and wait for her to tell me I am a jerk, like the rest of the girls I have seen.

"It's ok...... by the way,  your beautiful too...." I made her blush again, I love when she dose........I think I mah be falling in love with this beautiful girl named Ruby Ann Higgins.....

"I am mossing something here?...." Danny jumps in-to be honest I forgit he was even here.......whoops.....

Rubys POV

He called me beautiful! He called me beautiful! my life is totaly the best and worst at the moment.

"No I don't think so......" I say to a laughing Danny.

"Ruby! Ruby!! Where are you!!" My mither is yellimg out my name, meaning I was leaving now..

"Sorry guys got to go, bye" I hug Danny and I wrap my arms around Pauls neck and give him a tight hug and whisper goodbye in his ear, I am slowly faling for him...... I can feel it...

●●●●●

Its been a month since my farthers death, I I still haven't been to school, oh well.

Danny comes to visit me all the time and as for Paul, we have to Skype,  he lives in foster and he has to work, keeping in mind that we are in year 11 and I souod really get a job, but I can't.....

Just as I was about to beat my high score on piano tiles Danny burst through the door and caused me to jump and my phone fell on my face...... really.....

"Heya Rub's you wanna go for a walk?" He asked something was wrong, I could tell.

"Yer, sure, can I just get out of my PJs first?"

"Yes,  I will go and tell your mum where we are going,ok?"

"Ok"

And on that he walks out of the room.

I decide on a regular white singlet and ripped skinny jeans and my bkack high top converses, I look pretty good, if I do say so myself.....

I decide to grab my phone just in case e and slowly walk down the stairs leading to Danny and my mum.

"Ready?" Danny asks.

"Yep, lets go"

"Be safe dear" my mum said just as we walked out of the door, and then it hit me..

"Um, where are we going?"

"To our spot" he made the word 'our' sound extra important,  what the hell is up with Danny, I am starting to get really worried.

We walk in compete silence, and I hate it...

We arrive at our spot just near a gorgeous river, it was our cubby house, we made it with our father's when we were little and have kept it in good condition ever since. We climb up and I sit in my bean bag that Danny stole from my bedroom.

"I have to tell you something.....dont freak out about it......ok" what the hell...

"Ok..."

"I have.......well.... there is no nice way of saying this ok.."he sighs "ok.....I have.......cancer on my lungs amd it has spread all over half of my left lung......Ruby, m dieing...." what no way no no no no no!!!!!

"W-wa-what?!"

"I have known I was for a while and j I did not want to tell you because of your dad and you and Paul, oh and by the way, I think he might have a crush on you,  but yer so I wanted you to know so I have to do my bucket list now..... ok?"

"Ok...." I whispered

We just talk for about four hours and then we walked home and in that time I gave him several tight hugs that I dont want ti ever let go of and walked knto my house, said hi to my mum and went straight to my room, screamed in my pillow for about 25 minutes and then fell asleep.

I was not letting my best friend die..... I will not...

"Rub's...... I will see you later baby girl, don't let Brad see you again... ok?" He asked

"Sure thamg buttercup, don't leave me yet ok...?"

"Rub's..... I am already going....... it's too late..... be strong for me....."

The room went quiet as Damny died hugging me and his family, my bestfriend had just died......
I felt a worm tear on my cheek and I let it run down and land in Danny's perfect curly hair and the nurse ask us to come out.....but I refused and bashed the wall and I relised that the bright light inside if me stoppingme from cutting my arms died.....

I ran to the bathroom amd cut myself the my razer that  I nrought when I was told to pack for a week to go to the hospital,  I cut right up my arms and let the pain sink in, when I had no room left to harm myself I sat on the cold hard floor and cryed my eyes out untill I saw someone standing at the doorway......with a knife in his had..... the figure was Brad and he loked angry, he walked ober to mt and within seconds I felt pain in my stomach,  when I looked down I seen a knife straight in the center of my stomach, then I saw a beautiful white light and soon I was under the spell, I was just killed...

My mum came runming into my room and I proded my self uo to realise that I had a pool of sweat and tears on my face amd my mum cam and just held me in a tight hug.

(Well there ya go to updates in one day!!!!! Anyway I hope you are all liking Torn please give me some feed back and let m eknow if you think Danny sould die or not I am thinking about having a Torn 2 so yer anyway vote comment ily ♡ maddy)