Left me Speechless

~~~Thalia~~~

Thalia was worried. As simple as that. She didn’t think that Percy would purposely hurt Artemis, but then again, she also doesn’t think she had seen Percy that mad. Whatever happened with Chaos must have put him in a bad mood. She could tell that he was hanging on by a thread and that idiotic male pushed him by harassing our sister. I knew that Percy absolutely hated any form of bulling and/or abuse. I didn’t know if he went through any, but he hated it, despised it really.

Sally wasn’t the abusing type, I don’t think she has ever raised her voice at Percy, and we all knew how hard he used to be to keep under control. But he has mentioned a step father before Paul, Gabe ugly or something. Percy had refused to talk about anything to do with Gabe except with Artemis.

Now Artemis was another story. They were so in love, that even the youngest of Hunters had noticed. We had no problem with Percy, infact he was our brother. Yet, I knew that some of the longest Hunters were still indecisive about wether to allow their relationship to deepen or not. Percy also knew about this, which surprised me at first, but then I realised that since meeting Chaos, he had gotten smarter. He told me about his feelings for Artemis and knowing that she liked him but wasn’t ready. I respected him even more for that. He manages to go five years, or more, loving someone without telling them just because they weren’t ready. He really was a saint, but he didn’t even know it.

In some ways, Percy was the same as the slightly scrawny boy that went with me on the quest for Artemis. The same innocent boy that saw the death of two girls within the same week. The same boy he grow up way too early just so he could save us all, and the world. When he first came off the argo II, I noticed something. A burden, something similar to what Zoë once had on her shoulders. It lessened when she got to know Percy, because she started to realise that there might be some males out there - Percy - that are actually good. Percy had that same burden, like he came to a realisation that something wasn’t once the same. And I had a feeling of what it was. That trip into hell, lost some of his innocence, which only furthered when the ‘incident’ happened.

No one, save the older campers, Chiron, the Hunters, the gods, and I know of what happened with Percy and Annabeth. And the Hunters only knew because Artemis had told us, not Percy. I felt the oddly familiar ache of betrayal. Luke, my mother, and now Annabeth. Sometimes, though I would never admit it, I worry that Percy would leave too, but I knew that it was irrational. When Percy went missing, the first thing he did was go to the Hunters. We accepted him and formed a family bond, stronger then anything that I have felt. Well except for Percy and Artemis.

Their bond was odd. It was mainly friendship, protection, and love that made it what it is. But their was also more. There was more depth and understanding, more future based if that makes sense. It was like you could see different futures together, different outcomes. What they could become, and it was the most fascinating thing I had ever seen. They were enraptured with each other, unable to be far away. That little scene in pavilion before proved it. Percy could have come to all of us and talked about it, which he usually does, but instead he went to Artemis. Reached out for Artemis’ comfort and love.

That brought me back to what I was thinking before, about how they disappeared without a trace, although I am thankful. I knew that Artemis would calm him down before he blew something up. I will admit that I don’t feel any joy at coming back, but these people were family, and I wouldn’t want to see this place blow because some male angered Percy.