The Waiting Game

~~~~~Percy~~~~

Once Percy had informed Sophia of what has happened, he went out to hunt. He did get better with a bow, and was now okay. The day was still warm and sunny, perfect for hunting. So he set off into the woods, trying to stay clear of the Hunters. He knew that he should say hello, but he was tired, stressed, and annoyed. Tired and stressed because he had been up all night sorting out a problem in the other universe. He was also annoyed at what the gods had to say after Artemis left. All my gratitude to Zeus was lost when he told me of what he wanted to happen. I could stop his order, seeing as I was higher in rank, but I knew that it was time. Time for me to swallow my pride and get over it. But that didn't mean that I had to like it, or Zeus for that matter.

The calming effect that the forest had eased my nerves. I loved to walk on the forest. Even when I was younger, Mom used to take me out when things would get too rough with Gabe. She would always take me to the closest forest and have a picnic. So now, years later I would come out and hunt.

It was dark by the time that I returned from my hunting. Artemis and the girls were probably worried so I made sure to get back earlier. I knew that as soon as I was visible from the tree line, that I was right. All the girls looked over at me with relief in their eyes. Although unnecessary, it was touching.

I walked through the camp, feeling happy about my new family. Although I don't see Chaos much, I knew that I was still cared for. Chaos usually took the form of a old woman. Old and wrinkly, but kind and loving too. She always smelt like honey and wildlife, which sent me to ease. The hunters had accepted me almost immediately after I had told them what happened. Some of the hunt, however, was still weary, so I made it my personal goal to treat them all with respect and love. They, of course, were my sisters. I even got them to trust Nico enough to let him in. But that didn't mean they stopped glaring. In fact, the glaring got worse over time.

Chelsea, one of the youngest, ran up to me. She quickly jumped into my awaiting arms and wrapped her arms around me. Soon, I was on the bottom of a dogie pile. This was our tradition. When I came back home, they would wait until one of the hunters jumped on me, then they would pounce at the same time. I was always on the bottom.

"Alright, girls. I know you missed him but he still needs to breathe." I heard Artemis' amused voice say from a few feet away.

"Awww," said Carla, "but he is so comfy." She complained. Many of the other hunters voiced their agreements.

"No complaints." She said sternly. I smiled warmly as the girls hopped off, albeit slowly and grudgingly. I even saw Sophia with the pile, meaning that she was out of my tent and fitting in well with the others. When I stood up, I was jumped on from the back. Instantly, I grabbed their legs to stop them from falling off. Thalia's head propped on my shoulder. Her hair was a little longer, down to her ears with a longer side bang. She had dyed the fringe the same blue as her eyes, which looked really good. Her lieutenant circlet rested on her head. It looked halfway between a tiara and a headband.

"Hey Thals." I chuckled lightly. She smiled at me before laying her head down. She fell asleep straight away. "Am I really that comfy?" I ask, confused. Nearly all the hunt nodded vigorously making me laugh laugh silent. Who knew?

"Hey Percy?" Phoebe asked. I hummed in reply. "Are you going to tell the council about Sophia?" She asked hesitantly.

I smiled at her to calm her down. I could never get angry at my sisters. "Maybe. Not yet at least though. The only time I will is if I have to, which I doubt." I replied. Most of my sisters accepted my answer and left. Thalia also woke up and went to her tent to sleep. Soon it was just Artemis and I.

"Hey," I whispered gently. Artemis's gorgeous silver eyes found my green orbs. I found myself lost inside, like I was being pulled into a black hole. I could stare into them all day.

"Hi," She replied quietly, tucking her hair that was longer then I had ever seen it. She usually had it just past her shoulders and tied in a ponytail. She now had it to the middle of her back in loose waves. I hadn't seen her in awhile, and I admit that I missed her dearly.

I walked closer to her and smiled the grin I reserved for her. She looked away quickly though. My brow creased slightly as I gently grabbed her chin and guided it to me. Before I could stop my myself, I caressed her smooth skin slightly. She leaned into my touch, which gave me confidence to cup her cheek. She placed her hand over mine and gazed into my eyes. She looked liked a goddess, which was ironic because she was one. But to me, she was the most god-like when it came to looks. 

I leaned in slightly, before realizing what I was doing. She looked slightly disappointed at me stopping, but also relief, because I knew she wasn't ready. Instead of kissing her lips, I kissed the right corner of her lips, relishing the softness of her skin. I heard her intake of breath as I left my lips there for a few seconds. As hard as it was, I pulled away gently, wanting nothing more then to kiss her senseless. I knew that I had to leave before I got carried away, yet I couldn't bring myself to.

I leaned my head against hers. The whole time I kept my hand on her cheek, caressing slightly. When her eyelids fluttered open, I smiled gently. Nothing could express my feelings for Artemis. The happiness I felt, or the contentment of knowing that I was at least liked by my love. I would do anything for Artemis. Anything. But I knew that I had to wait. It was like I was playing a game. I had to go slow, or I won't get anywhere, yet the anticipation was killing me. It was thrilling and torturing me. Being so close yet so far, was aching.

I moved my head back slowly. Kissing her forehead gently, I moved away. "Goodnight, Moonshine." I whispered, using my nickname for her.

"Goodnight, my Guardian." She whispered too. I released her cheek, painfully slow. It physically hurt to. 

And slowly, I watched her enter her tent, because no matter how slow I had to wait, I would. She was worth dying for.

Worthing playing the Waiting Game for.

~~~~~

Heyo,

What do you think, huh? I decided to add a new chapter this weekend, just for you!. I really hop you enjoy.

Please

COMMENT

VOTE

AND / OR ADD

Love you all,

BraveandPowerful