Chapter Two

Chapter 2

Kayli's POV

"Kay! I told you that you didn't have to come!" My mother explodes.

"Look, mom, if I was chosen and wasn't here I still would go. They'd track me down. Throw me in jail!" I tell her, "Mom, I don't want to go. But I have to. I'll try as hard as I can to win." And she nods.

I hug my sister but she doesn't say anything. She cries.

"Times up." A guard says and takes my mother away. "I love you! I promise mom, I'll-" and she can't hear me anymore.

Another set of guards bring me and Jean to a large train where we will stay for the night.

Then we're left alone in a room. "Uh.. So do we have a mentor.. Like in The Hunger Games..?" I ask Jean.

"I-I don't know. But I heard we get training. That's good, right?" She answers. I nod.

The next day we get dropped off at a very, very large hotel. Atleast 13 floors and about as wide as an airplane.

We are taken up in a golden elevator to the very top floor.

"You guys are the last state going from left to right on the map, so you get the biggest rooms!" A lady cheers. I don't know who she is, but she was riding on the elevator.

I'm guessing the other levels are split in half, but I don't care.

"Now, you may ask anything you don't know, if you'd like," he says.

Jean and I ask her different questions immediately.

"Do we have mentors?" "How many days of training do we have?" We ask.

"Okay, no, you don't have mentors. And, what do you mean 'training'? Who told you that?" She refers to Jean's question.

Apparently we don't have training. Crap, I'm gonna die first.

"Okay then, when do we get in the arena?" She asks instead.

"Three days. Tomorrow you will have the 'tribute' parade, where you get to meet your stylists today. Then you have your 3-minute interviews tomorrow. And the next day is when you get in." She explains.

"Speaking of that, we need to get you to the stylists. Come, come." She leads us down to the under ground floor and we see almost all 98 contestants walking around.

The woman shows us our styling rooms. One door says 'Florida-North' and the other, 'Florida-South'.

I walk into the South door to see three women holding brushes, tweezers and that wax tape stuff. Oh wow, this is gonna be a long day.

They start off waxing my legs. Then they prick at my eyebrows and brush my brown hair.

"Carole is now going to see her." One of the ladies whisper. I'm guessing Carole is my outfit designer.

The people push me to a room where a girl- much younger and more beautiful than the crew- is.

"I have your outfit chosen out. You're going to look great at the parade tomorrow. Would you like to try it on?" She babbles. I nod at her question.

She pulls out a soft green dress that looks like grass with pretty flowers all around my body at the area my breasts are. The rim at the bottom is a cute brown lace.

"Why flowers?" I ask. "That's what 'Florida' means." She answers. Oh yeah, I remember doing a project about this once. I don't remember it much, though.

Carole fiddles with my hair and fixes my make up the way it will be tomorrow. Then she puts me infront of a mirror.

And yes, I will look great tomorrow