Chapter Two (2)

A/N: 4,985 words

I want to give credit to an author on Tumblr (if you follow me on Tumblr you can find out) for giving me the idea for the Kobayashi Maru test. They made an excellent fic about it and I fell in love with it! It's called Records and it's a Jim Kirk x Reader work! It was beautiful! Go read it!!

================================================

Three Years Later

I was currently getting everything ready for Jim's third try at the Kobayashi Maru test. So far, he has failed it twice but isn't taking no for an answer. He's tried it both ways, withdrawing from the mission to save his crew or enter the neutral zone, and try to rescue the vessel at risk of violating the treaties and starting a fight.

Kudos to him for not taking no, but in this case, he really should. It's not that I don't believe in him it's just that he won't get the right answer to the test.

Spock wanted it to be a no-win scenario, but I told him that he shouldn't make it that way. I suggested that we have one way for the cadets to win, they just have to use their brains and think before acting.

My scenario is to hail the Klingon's before entering their space and tell them the situation and that they don't mean harm or war. They can also ask for the Klingon's to help them get to the Kobayashi Maru ship and then have the Klingon's to escort them out of their space.

So far, no one has thought of asking the Klingon's for help. Maybe I put too much faith in people... I don't know. I know that Jim isn't going to be able to get the answer he wants. He wants to win but he won't. Just based on how he is, he won't think of hailing the Klingon's unless he gets put into that type of situation in real life.

But you never know he could have figured it out, who knows...

Spock, on the other hand, thought that my idea was good and logical. Because asking before enter is always the better option then just barging in. He said that if a cadet thinks of this, they would be capable in their future as a Starfleet officer.

Since no one has thought of this yet - which I'm not holding against anyone- it has made it easier to get to know everyone's personality and how they stand as a person.

I know that this would be at the back of everyone's mind because most of them think you should either abandon the ship or try to fight it out. It would be hard to think of asking, but wouldn't you want someone to ask you before entering your home.

I was sitting on a bench on my PADD when a shadow was cast over me. I look up and see Kirk and McCoy. I put my PADD down on my lap before acknowledging the men.

"Hello, boys! What can I do for ya!" I give a cheerful smile, making them both smile back.

"You know I think you are so smart, right?" Jim said, taking a seat next to me and throwing his arm over my shoulder. Bones only sigh while rolling his eyes and sitting on my other side.

I giggle before answering him, "Yes, I do. You tell me almost every day. But..."

"But what?" Jim says, trying to play it cool.

"But... you need something."

"What no." He says, making me raise my eyebrows, but I don't lose the smile, "Can't I just compliment a beautiful girl?"

"In this case, no. Because I know you need something just based on how your acting, your tone of voice, and body language. It tells me a lot, you know. You are holding yourself carelessly and easy but are a little tense awaiting my answer. And also, your Kobayashi Maru test is tomorrow, which I will be present at. But you want me to tell you the secret to getting the right answer and winning."