2

It's been three months since Bashir met and started seeing Batoul. He got her phone number from Farouk after she was informed and agreed. It took her two weeks to come to terms with the whole thing.

She's currently in her room, studying for her finals which is starting in a week. Bye bye Med school. She really could not wait to be done.

Ammi, Noor, Khalil and Nana are traveling to Dubai tomorrow. They postponed the trip because of Noor, they had to wait till she was on school break.  Batoul is going to Adda Maijiddah's house, her excitement could not be greater. Daddy asked her if she wanted to travel with her siblings and step mother but she politely declined. She wants nothing to do with Ammi. She was more than glad her finals were just around the corner, so she used it as an excuse to stay out of the "family trip"

She just concluded her Asr prayer when she heard her phone chime with a notification. She smiled when she saw who it was from.

Bashir Sheriff - Assalamu Alaikum Fatimè. How are you today? Hope you're studying well for your finals. Allah ya bada sa'a.

He called her Fatimé, unlike everyone else. He sure loves to stand out.

Batoul- Wa alaikum salam. I'm fine Alhamdulillah, How are you? How's work? Yes, I am. Ameen thank you

Bashir Sheriff - Are you free tonight?

Batoul- Yeah i am

Bashir Sheriff- Okay, will be there at 7pm inshallah.

Batoul - Okay, Allah ya kaimu.

She smiled as she dropped her phone. She went to her wardrobe and picked out a simple Ankara gown. She finished packing all the things she's going to need at Adda Maijiddah's. She could always come back for more, or better yet just shop from her sister's closet.

She was on her phone when she heard a knock on the door. She told the person to come in. Hamma Sadiq came in with a salam.

"WaAlaikum salam Hamma Sadiq, Jam banduna."

"Jam Lulublue, how are you?"

"I'm fine Alhamdulillah, How is work?"

"Stressful, but Alhamdulillah."

He looked at the suitcase she just finished packing. "Done packing already? So eager to leave this house?" He teases.

"Yes hamma, I'm so tired of this house, wallah." She chuckled.

He smiled and stood up. "Anyway, just came to say hi."

"Thanks Hamma." With that, he left the room.

She entered the bathroom and had a shower, she came out and wore the yellow embellished Julius Ankara. She wore her hijab and prayed Maghrib. She picked a matching turban cap from her drawer and a matching veil. Sprayed herself with her favorite and only expensive perfume from Hamma Sadiq, YSL Libre. The perfume was just for special occasions, like this one. She applied mascara and lipgloss. Keeping it simple.

Just as she's done getting ready, he sends her a message telling her he's here. Her stomach did the little butterfly thing, as she picked her phone and left the room, switching off the lights on her way out.

"Adda Lulu, you look so pretty." Nana Khadija complimented her older sister.

"Thank you, Nana." She smiled at her six year old sister.

As she passed the living room, Ammi called her. With so much distaste in her. "Where are you going in this night? Yawon karuwanchin da kika saba ko? Yar iskar yarinya. Just because your father is not around that is why you go out anyhow ko? You think I don't know what you're doing in this house and where you go? I know everything about the shameless mannerless girl."