1

Smoothing the Tahitian body butter against her freshly naired legs, Porter looked up at her two year old nephew who leaned himself against the white wooden door frame with a pout on his lips.

"What's wrong papa?" Porter stood to her feet to comfort her four year old nephew.

"Aunty, i dont wanna go church." He fumbled with his words since he had been practicing his sentences @ school.

"Come here." She opened up her arms and he wasted no time getting into Porter's arms.

"Why dont you wanna go?" She questioned as she walked towards the living room with him in her arms.

she knew the answer already. He wanted to sleep in.

"Be-be- cause I tired." Alexander Chavez started to whine

"How you feeling?" I asked Alexander. He looked horrible, his light complexion he got from his father was red. He had an ice pack on his head, trying to calm down the fever.

"I don't want to go to church mama." He groaned. "Okay baby. You don't have to." I sighed.

I wiped his sweaty forehead. "You going to be alright alone?" I asked, concerned.

"Can dad come over?" He got excited. I sighed, "I'll see if he can or not." I kissed his forehead before walking out his room.

"Hello?" He answered the phone. "Alex is sick and he wants you to come over-"

"I can't. Sandra isn't feeling good so I gotta-" "Okay." I sighed.

"Sorry." I hung up without another word. He always puts his wife before his kids.

****

"Dad's not coming?" He looked sad. "Not today baby. But you want to go to grandma's?" He sighed, "Can't we just hang out?"

I saw the sadness in his eyes. I sighed, kicking off my heels. "Of course we can." I smiled.

I knew he wanted his father, but he only comes around when his wife isn't running him dry.

"How about we order some pizza and watch movies?" I suggested.

"Okay." He smiled.

"Alright. At 11, get some sleep." I stood up, heels in hands. "Okay ma." I smiled, closing his light after tucking him in.

****

"Oh man mom! That's awesome!" He exclaimed. I smiled, we were watching latest Fast and Furious, the part when they were driving after the plane.

"I want to do that when I grow up." He exclaimed. I smiled, "You want to do what your uncle does?" I asked.

"Yeah! But on the streets." He coughed before he got up and started to drive an invisible car. "Go Alex! Go Alex!" I chanted while he ran around the circle table.

"Look ma-" He was cut off by the doorbell.

I stood up, "Hold on." I walked towards the door. I opened it and Alex nearly knocked me down.

"Dad!" He exclaimed. "Hey buddy. Heard you were sick?" He hugged him.

"I'm feeling better." He smiled. The way his chest rose up and down, I knew he was holding back a cough.

"Come on." Xavier walked inside the house with Alex in his arms.

He smiled at me but I just turned to the door and closed it. "You look nice." He complimented. "Thanks."

"Hows Sandra?" I asked. He shrugged, "She's ight. Sick, but she'll be ight."

I nodded my head, going into the kitchen. "Look dad!" I heard Alex make car sounds and Xavier laughing.

I smiled, all he wanted was his father. "You need help?" I heard his voice. I shook my head, "I'm fine." I scrubbed the dishes.

****

"He's knocked out." Xavier chuckled. "Thanks." I smiled. "For what?" "For making his day."

"No problem..but we gotta talk." I looked over at him, "About?"

"Well-I'm moving. Sandra got a job promotion an-" "So your going to go and follow her? What about your son?" I got mad.

"I wanted to know if you could come with us?"

"I don't have money like that." He smiled, "Maybe y'all could live with us? For a while. I mean, that would make our bonding better." He refereed to him and Alex.

"Xavier I cant-" "Mom please? I want to be with dad!" Alex ran over to me. "What about your friends an-" "Please!" He pleaded.

"Fine. Fine." I gave in. Xavier smiled.

"Okay. We leave in a week." He smiled.

"Bye lil' man. Bye." He hugged us before leaving.

"Want to start packing?" I smiled a fake smile to Alex. "Yeah!" He exclaimed.

📍Alexander in MM