7

Kayden Pov

Two weeks later.

"Okay Alex, wait." I groaned. He was throwing another one of his tantrums.

I had patience today, but he was messing it up for himself. "Alex! Stop with this whining and shit! I'ma bring you to your daddy's when I finish okay?" I stressed.

"Mama!!" He cried. I took deep breaths, trying to finish up on this food. My parents are coming over and I needed the spot to be spotless.

"Mama!" I heard glass break. I turned around, almost catching whip lash. I grew furious, "Really Alex?! What did I tell you?!" I screamed.

Grape juice all over my white carpet.

"Sit down!" I yelled. His lip trembled but I didn't care, I grabbed the broom and dust pan, trying to spot the glass.

"Shit." I cursed when a piece got in the palm of my hand. I pulled it out and a big amount of blood came out.

"Mama-" "Stay there. Don't move." I said standing up. I ran over to the bathroom sink and put alcohol on it then a bandage.

That should do it.

I walked back out and finished sweeping the glass carefully. "Come." I picked up Alex and sat him in his room.

"Stay here okay?" He nodded his head.

"Xavier, can you come pick up Alex?"

"I'm bus-" "Its only for an hour!" I snapped.

"No." I sighed hanging up.

This always happens.

I plugged in the vacuum and cleaned up the mess. To the best of my ability.

****

"Alex stop!" I snapped, holding onto his wrist.

He was making a fool of himself, crying, screaming, kicking. I continued to get looks from everybody-mean ones too.

"Alex. If you d-" "Hey Kayden." I heard the pestered voice.

"Bitch." Alex cursed at her. I snapped my head in his direction. "Lets go." I pulled on his arm.

He started to cry, but frankly, I didn't care. I put him in the back seat and drove us home.

****

"Mama-" I popped him good in the mouth. He started to cry, but I bent him over and smacked his butt.

"Are you going to behave?!" I asked. He nodded his head, "Now stop. Using. That. Language." I patted his butt a little hard with every word.

I knew the limits. "You understand me?" I pointed my finger. He snotted, nodding his head. "Go to your room!" I snapped.

My patience was tested today.

****

"What are you guys doing here so early?" I sighed.

"We decided to surprise you. Where's my little man?" My dad hugged me after my mom.

"He's asleep. He's been acting out." I sighed.

"How so?" My father raised a brow.

"Just-whining, tantrums, thats it." I left out the cussing part.

"Well, thats normal. That stage will pass soon." My mom assured me. "Hope so." I sighed.

****

"Alex, come on." I shook him awake.

He had tear stains on his cheek. I picked him up and kissed him. "You alright?" He nodded his head rubbing his eyes. He was still sleepy.

"Grandma and Grandpa are here." I gasped. He just sucked on his fingers.

I stood up and walked out his room and into the living room. If you haven't guessed it-I moved out.

I found myself a 4 bedroom apartment that was perfect for Alex and I.

I continued to argue with Xavier, so I needed to leave that environment.

"You see grandma and grandpa?" I asked. He just looked at them. I took his hand from his mouth.

"Go say hi." I kissed his forehead and put him down.

He clung onto my leg. He was such a big baby. "Ahhh, thats alright." My father waved him off, "He's growing big." My mommy commented.

"Very big." I smiled. "Looks just like his daddy." She smiled. "Everyday." I rubbed the top of his head.

****

"You two still fighting?" My mom asked. I sighed, "You know how it goes. He's devoted to his wife, believes her over me." I smacked my teeth.

"Thats usually how it goes. Don't worry. Things will fall into place." She assured me.

I looked back and smiled at Alex and my father interacting with each other.

"Expecting someone?" My mom asked. "No.." I walked to the door, curious to see who it was.

I opened the door and rolled my eyes. "Where Alex?" He asked. "With my father. What do you want?" "Ain't you need me? Ight th-" "Move." I pushed him back and slammed the door in his face.

"Everything okay?" My dad asked, eyeing me. "Just peachy." I smiled.

📍Picture of Kayden's parents in MM