Chapter 6 - First Lessons

The next morning, I was eating cereal, trying to ignore Blondie who deliberately sat next to me, when Mrs Weasley's voice burst through the hall, causing me to choke. Malfoy patted my back and I glared at him, not wanting him to have any more leverage on me.

STEALING THE CAR, I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SURPRISED IF THEY'D EXPELLED YOU, YOU WAIT TILL I GET HOLD OF YOU, I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU STOPPED TO THINK WHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH WHEN WE SAW IT HAD GONE...”

I sent an alarmed look at Ginny. So it had been true?

LETTER FROM DUMBLEDORE LAST NIGHT, I THOUGHT YOUR FATHER WOULD DIE OF SHAME, WE DIDN'T BRING YOU UP TO BEHAVE LIKE THIS, YOU AND HARRY COULD BOTH HAVE DIED...

Blondie was smirking beside me. I sent another glare at him – Dear Merlin, how many times have I glared at him already?

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED, YOUR FATHER'S FACING AN ENQUIRY AT WORK, IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT AND IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME.”

The silence rang throughout the hall. Malfoy still had that smirk on his face, so I threw a spoon at him. He looked at me with a shocked, offended but yet amused expression.

I didn't want him to be amused. I was not amusing.

My timetable said that I had potions first with the Ravenclaws, so I made my way down to the dungeons. I took a spot near the back of the classroom and sat down. A few minutes later, the blonde girl from Ravenclaw, Luna Lovegood, sat next to me.

“Hello,” She said, in a very dreamy voice. “Nice to meet you. My name's Luna.”

“Clara,” I said. “Nice to meet you too.”

That was all the time we got for introductions, because at that moment our professor (and my head of house), strode in. He had a hooked nose and long, greasy black hair.

“There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly.incantations in this class,” He began.

I tuned out for a bit, seeing as he wasn't actually talking about potions.

“Miss Diggory.”

I snapped to attention. “Y-yes, Professor?”

“Tell me, if someone was poisoned, what would you use to cure them?”

“A - a Bezoar stone, sir.”

“Correct. Now tell me where would you find a bezoar?"

“From the stomach of a goat, sir,” I said, this time more confidently.