Chapter Three: The Boy on the Sidewalk

Calling. . . the screen read. You waited patiently for Hiro to pick up. 

Suddenly, Baymax's face filled the screen. "Hello, (Y/N). Hiro is currently changing his clothing at the moment. Would you like to see him?"

Your face flushed. "Baymax, no! No, if Hiro's changing then don't show me!"

Baymax already picked up the laptop and carried it over to the other side of the room. You groaned and buried your face in your hands. When you looked back up, you saw Hiro staring at the monitor in horror. He was wearing pants, thank goodness, but he didn't put on a shirt yet. 

You both widened your eyes in embarrassment. 

Hiro groaned, then came over to the laptop. The call ended abruptly. 

A few moments later, Hiro called you back. He was wearing a shirt. "Sorry about that," he said, his ears red. "Gosh, I should really lock Baymax in a room."

Baymax peered out over Hiro's shoulder. "But then I would be unable to monitor your health," he said cheerily. Hiro jumped and turned around. "Baymax, get back to your charging station!"

Baymax didn't oblige. "It is time for breakfast," he said. "You need to consume vitamins and nutrients quickly to start the day."

"I can eat later," Hiro said. "I just want to talk to (Y/N) first." He turned to the camera. "So, how's it going?"

"Okay, I guess." You stared at the keyboard, studying each white letter. 

"Are there any bot fights there?" Hiro asked, his eyes twinkling. You gave him a look. "No, Hiro."

"Hiro, breakfast is served," Baymax said. Hiro sighed. "Alright, buddy. see you later, (Y/N)."

* * *

"(Y/N)!" You heard Michiko call. You looked up from (Favorite Book) and set it down. 

When you entered the kitchen, Michiko held out an empty carton of eggs. "Do you mind getting some more eggs? There's grocer down the street. I would go myself but I'm expecting a call."

You nodded, and walked towards the door, grabbing your helmet on the way out. As soon as you left the apartments, the noise of the city filled your ears, making you wince.

You rode your bike lazily down the crowded sidewalk, dodging people here and there. You tightened your gloved grip on the handles as you swerved around some lady with three dogs. Sheesh, I liked it better when I had more sidewalk room. 

You passed by a building with a pipe running down the side. Water trickled out of the tube and onto the sidewalk. You sliced through the water, sending drops flying. 

"Excuse you," a voice spat. You braked the bike and turned around, adjusting your helmet. You noticed a boy standing there. He was slender and athletic - looking, with a sharp jawline and perfect - looking features. His hair was black with a dash of white on his bangs. It was layered and casually swept to the side. This guy's trying too hard to look like a Korean pop star, you thought. Then again, he looks pretty Korean to me. 

"You splashed me with your bike," the boy said haughtily, as if being splashed was the worst offense in the world. He pushed his white - streaked bangs to one side and glared at you.

"So what?" you said, feeling irritated. "It's just a few drops."

"Just a few drops?" he repeated. The boy snorted and rolled his eyes. "Do you know how expensive this jacket was?"

"Geez, it's just a jacket. Calm down." 

"Cheeky idiot," the boy smirked, pushing down your cap's brim so it covered your eyes. You angrily pushed it back up. 

"If you're done freaking out about your jacket, can I go now?" you said, annoyed.

"I never asked you to stay," the boy replied smoothly, turning away. 

* * *

Thanks for 300 followers guys *v*

~Clover