Chapter Four

As I walked into the dining room I heard a couple gasps. I looked up to see nine boys with their jaws dropped. I ignored them as I walked over to the rather large dining room table. I asked Kayla if she was done with her meal and if i could take her plate. She replied with a simple yes and I took her plate into my small hands and walked into the kitchen with her plate and silver wear in my right hand and her glass cup in my left hand. I set the dishes on the counter before entering the dining room table once again. I walked over to a random boy that was at the corner of the table. 

I took his plate that was empty and looked as if he had licked his plate clean. This idea kind of grossed me out because it is not very polite to lick anything in front of someone. I took his dishes and set them beside the sink on the counter. I made my way into the room once again to clean up the rest of the table. I believe Kayla had explained my position in this house and the reasoning why I was living with her. Most of the boys had barely acknowledged my presence but they always looked at me from the corner of their eyes when I walked into the room.

One boy was always staring at me when I walked into the room. Every once in a while I would sneak a glance up to meet his bright blue eyes. His brown hair put into a quiff like the other boys. His eyes were the exact same color as another boy in the room. Brothers? Probably. I could get lost in his eyes any day but I had to follow Kayla's rules. No eye contact for more than a couple seconds. I took his dishes and put them in the sink. I rinse the dishes and load the dishwasher. I grabbed a rag and wringed out the water. I walked into the dining room with the damp rag in my left hand. I quickly washed the table top and excused myself from the room.

As I was walking up the stairs I heard steps behind me. I turned around and I saw the blue eyed standing in front of me.