Chapter Eleven

I woke up and did my usual morning routine. I was making breakfast when i heard footsteps come down the stairs. I ignored them and continued to cook. I felt two large hands wrap around my wrists. The mystery person spun me around until I was facing them. Hayes. I smiled at the face in front of me and he returned the favor. I turned back around to finish making breakfast. Hayes' hands wrapped around my slim waist and his chin rested on my neck. He planted small kisses up and down along my jaw and all over my cheek. I giggled at his lips that were tickling my face. He removed hs lips from my face looked at me straight in the eye. His eyes went from my eyes and glanced down to my lips almost as if to ask for permission. I nodded slightly.

Hayes brought one hand from my waist and up to my cheek and caressed it softly. He leaned in as I held my breath. His lips soon landed on mine. I felt the strangest sensation in my stomach as he kissed me. It was a whirl in my stomach and it felt great. I started to kiss back as he smiled into the kiss. We kissed for a couple more seconds until we heard a chorus of "awws" coming from behind us. We parted from the kiss and saw all of the boys and Kayla staring at us. I blushed and dug my face into Hayes' chest. Most of the boys laughed at my behavior except for Nash and Cameron. They had a scowl on their face.

Hayes noticed the scowl on their face and went to talk to them. I turned around to continue cooking. I had served the breakfast on the table and we waited for the rest pf the boys to join us before we ate.

Hayes POV

I took Nash and Cameron into the hallway to talk to them.

"Hayes what was that?" Nash raised his voice at me. I shuddered back in fear at his tone.

"I'm sorry but I really like her and I can't get her out of my mind. I like her more than any other girl. Kayla took off all of her rules for Renee, why can't you cut some slack for me?"

"Nash maybe we should think about this again. They are only kids." Cameron tried to persuade him.

"That's exactly why we shouldn't allow this. They are only kids and one of them is going to get hurt when we have to leave. Cameron can't you see this." Nash said.

"Bu-" I started but soon to be cut off by Nash.

"No but's Hayes. You can't date Renee and you have to only stay friends. Got it?" Nash said in a louder voice.

"FIne" I sighed and sulked out of the hallway into the dining room. I saw Renee and she flashed me her gorgeous smile. I returned my best fake smile to prove that nothing was wrong. I sat down at the other end of the table Renee was at. If I wasn't allowed to date her I would have to limit my contact with her.

Her smile faded as I sat down away from her. We waited a couple minutes until Cam and Nash entered the room and sat down at the table. I couldn't hep but notice that Cam had an upset look on his face, almost a look of dissapointment. I guess things had not gone well with Nash. We ate in silence until Kayla spoke.

"Renee we have an event today and I thought that you could come with us." She said. No this can't be happening, I have to stay away from her. She can't come with us.

"i don't think that's a good idea Kayla" Nash and Cam said immediatly.

"And why is that?"

"Because no one knows of Renee and she will get so much hate and it will be easier with out her." Nash said. I could see Renee slouch down in her seat with a frown on her face. Oh how much I wanted to be with her and tell her why she can't come. It makes me so upset seeing her sad. I can't believe Nash said that about her.

"If Renee can't come than I am not going." Stated Kayla.

"Well, about that Kayla. You are required to come to the event, and Renee is not allowed to. Sorry but rules are rules. I guess Renee can't come." Johnson said quietly.

"But that's not fair." Kayla argued.

"Kayla it's fine. Go to the event. I will be fine her alone. I'm here alone almost everyday. This is your life and your dream that you have to live. Being famous and well known is your dream not mine. Go ahead, I'll be okay. Trust me" Renee said directly to Kayla.

"Yeah listen to Renee, Kayla. She is right, it's not about her. It's about you. This is your job. Renee isn't allowed to come either way and she will just cause difficulty." Nash said. It was clear that his words hurt Renee. She took in a sharp breath and got up from the table. She didn't excuse herself which isn't like her. I can't believe Nash said that. He really needs to work on his filter.

Renee walked quickly out of the room and cleared her plate. She came back for everyones plates. Her eyes were very glossy as if she was holding back tears. I wanted to run up to her and comfort her so badly but I couldn't. I think she felt worse that I didn't stand up for her. Kayla got up from the table and ran after Renee up to her room.

Renee's POV

I can't believe that Nash said that to me. No one stood up for me except for Kayla. I thought for sure that Hayes would say something for me but he just stayed quiet. I was trying so hard to keep in my tears as I ran up the stairs. He basically said that no one cares about me. That is probably true. I need to stop thinking like this. I am not famous, just Kayla's maid. That's all I am, no one important.

My thoughts were interrupted when my bedroom door flung open. There stood Kayla with an angry look on her face. I think she might be angry at me for how I left things in the dining room. I stayed silent until Kayla's face grew softer.

"Renee I'm so sorry about what they said down there. You do matter and you are important and I need you to believe that. I wish you could come today but rules are rules and this is my business."

"It's fine Kayla. Have fun at the event." I sniffed as I spoke.
"Thanks for being so cooperative Renee" Kayla thanked. I nodded meaning 'thank you'. And she walked out of the room.