CHAPTER 3

Cathalina has been at Nathanielano's house for just under a month. Her work was to help in the kitchen by preparing food and cleaning up. She had seen little of Nathanielano but Miquel always came to check up on her once a while.

She doesn't talk much to any of the other workers in those unless she needs to. Some talk behind her back saying she is sleeping with Nathanielano or Miquel while others say she was bought to be a plaything because she had a better room than most guests.

She was thinking back to a time when her father was still alive. He thought her a lot of things before he died. She was brought out of her memories when Nicolo called her name.

"Cathalina, how far are you cooking the prawns?" The head chef Nicolo asked. "Almost done." "Great when the prawns are done then you should start with the butter and garlic sauce." "Okay." She turned the prawns one final time before placing them in the deep dish.

She was crushing the garlic while Nicolo checked over everything. There was to be a big family dinner at the house and everything must be perfect.

"Okay, I finished the prawns and butter sauce is there anything else you want me to do?" "Yes, start plating the food." She did as she was told. The food looked and smelled delicious. "Great and we still have some time to spare now take the food to the garden."

She was placing their afternoon food on the table. Making her way backside she stopped next to the garden. The flowers were in full bloom and had the most incredible scent. She wanted to pick a flower but then a bee flew to her hand and sat down.

She tried to keep her hand as still as possible. "Cathalina what are you doing just standing there come on," Nicolo said pulling her causing the bee to sting her hand. "Fuck!" She screamed pushing Nicolo away and running inside.

"Miquel! Miquel!" She screamed running. She was running when ran into a person. Looking up she saw it was Miquel. "What is wrong why are you screaming?" He asked looking her over. Her throat was starting to close up.

"Bee sting. I'm allergic." She said hoarsely. He didn't think he just picked her up and carried her to his room. He opened his medical closet and grabbed an EpiPen. Her eyes were starting to drop when he injected her.

Her lungs were on fire when she took a fresh breath of air. "Thank you," she said softly. "No problem. You should get some rest. " "I can't, what about dinner?" "You can rest here or in your own room but you won't be working for the rest of the day."

"Okay." "Now rest you are too weak to walk to your room. I'll be back later to check on you." She nodded and laid down. Miquel kept an eye on her till she fell asleep before leaving. He walked into the kitchen. "Nicolo, how far are you with preparing the dinner?"

"Almost done. I just don't know where Cathalina disappeared to." "She won't be able to help you." Nicolo wanted to say something but he knew better than to question the Bosses second. "What else needs to be made? Should I get someone to come and help you?" "No, sir I'll manage."

Cathalina woke up in her own bed. It was much later now; the sun was starting to set. Miquel came in to check on her and found her wake. "How are you feeling?" He asked sitting down next to her on the bed.

"I feel better now, thank you." He nodded. "Is there anything else you are allergic to?" "I'm also mildly allergic to strawberries." "Why didn't you tell anybody you were allergic to bees? I wasn't planning on being at the house today. You could have died."

"I don't know. It never came up and I'm very grateful that you were here otherwise I would've died." "Don't say it like that." He growled before pulling her to him kissing her. It was an inflamed kiss. Her hands slipped in under his shirt pulling up.