Chapter 23

It was the day of the ball. Both Nathanielano and Miquel had flown to Sicily. Noah was placed in a safe place just in case something was to happen. Both of the brothers drove in their own cars. It was a classic Tommaso Agostini ball.

A black carpet rolled out down the steps. Valets waiting to park the cars. Lights illuminating the house. Nathanielano had been too countless of these balls. For the Familia, it was normal to host balls.

Nathanielano was wearing an Armani navy blue slim-fit full canvas suit with a white slim-fit shirt. The shirt's first three buttons were undone and he didn't were a tie. Miquel wore a black Armani suit.

They walked in. The ballroom was filled with men from the other Familia's, woman, there was a singer and his band, in the corners stood bodyguards. He looked for his father but could not see him.

Gustavo made his way over to the brothers. "I do not like this. Something feels wrong. Miquel." A waiter walked past and Nathanielano took a drink of the plate. "I have the same feeling. I am not here for pleasantries."

Miquel gave a nod of acknowledgement. "What are you planning to do? We, I meant you don't know where he as alliances." "Why, do you care?" "If you haven't forgotten that he was behind the killing of my father as like you, I want revenge either by your hand or by mine."

Nathanielano saw his father walking out of a room. He started walking over to him when a woman with raven black hair, wearing a tight ruby red with a deep plunging V-neck dress pulled his arm and turned him around. "Dance with me." She spoke.

His body fell in place with hers as they danced to the rhythm of the music. "You look different. What are you doing here?" "Whatever happens just let it happen. Don't try to stop it." "What is going to happen? what are you planning?" "I can't tell you that."

Nathanielano dipped her. "Where have you been. Gustavo called he was worried." "Since when did you two start talking?" "He phoned last week." She gave a nod. "After I left your house I went to my house. I organized for all Noah's stuff to be delivered and I sold the house."

*** *** ***

She had gone and changed her hair colour. The beautiful red turned black. She had all that she needed in a bag and made her way to Sicily. She had this plan in case it was ever needed. She was sitting on the street outside a coffee shop.

One of Tommaso's men regularly visits the shop. She saw him pay and get up to leave. She ran and ran into him. She fell to the ground. "What the fuck? Look where you are fucking going!" He growled.

"I am s-s-sor-rr-y sir." She stuttered and got up to leave. she walked a few steps before he called out to her. "Wait!" She started sprinting but he caught her real quick. "I don't like people who steal from me give it back."

She hung her head and handed him the wallet. "What is your name?" "Jade." She whispered. "Look at me, Jade." She looked up at the man. "Do you know who I am?" She shook her head. "I am a man who has killed people for even looking at me."

She closed her eyes. "But I am not going to kill you. Why did you steal?" "I am hungry." "Do you have work experience?" She nodded. "Yes, sir. I can cook and clean." He took her chin in his hand and looked her in the eye.

"Okay, Jade you are coming with me. I might just have a job for you but remember one misstep and you will find yourself with a bullet in your head. Do you understand?" "Yes, sir." "Well come with me." She walked with him and climbed into the car. He drove them to Tommaso Agostini mansion.

She was given a room she had to share with three other girls. Also given a uniform but were told to shower and clean first before putting it on.

Once she was finished showering, she put on her uniform and went to the kitchen. She was given her rules and started cleaning.